Corrine Brown (D) to plead guilty before 2nd trial

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Corrine Brown (D) to plead guilty before 2nd trial

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:51 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:31 pm
As usual, the opening post shoots himself in the dick because he hasn’t done even a cursory review of the facts. From Bloomberg:

So, it was his own people who got the Democrat out of hot water because they want to ensure larping plays a role in jury trials.

-_-

damned Xanax with the self-own. Again.

- Doc
She didn't get out of hot water. She spent two and a half years in jail and was fined. I read what she was originally convicted of and what she admitted to doing in her plea bargain. in my opinion, she's lucky she didn't spend the rest of her life in jail.

And I don't think the conservatives and christian groups that filed amicus briefs were on her side. All she would get out of the ruling is a new trial on charges a jury had found her guilty on the first time. For them, the issue was religious based discrimination in jury selection. I doubt that any of them wanted her to hand her a get out of jail free card.
Was her original prison sentence cut short because the conviction, on 18 counts, overturned? If so, that’s literally-metaphorically getting her out of hot water, especially so considering her age, and especially with regard to the new plea deal - she’s good to go with timed serve and a manageable fine of $62k.

Also, no one said the interested parties were on her side. I was just pointing out that it was Ajax18’s “side” that went to bat for her based off their desire to allow larping within jury trials. In other words, his side, without him knowing it, got the Black Democrat out of jail, which I guarantee you he didn’t know about. The irony is apparent.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:18 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:51 pm

She didn't get out of hot water. She spent two and a half years in jail and was fined. I read what she was originally convicted of and what she admitted to doing in her plea bargain. in my opinion, she's lucky she didn't spend the rest of her life in jail.

And I don't think the conservatives and christian groups that filed amicus briefs were on her side. All she would get out of the ruling is a new trial on charges a jury had found her guilty on the first time. For them, the issue was religious based discrimination in jury selection. I doubt that any of them wanted her to hand her a get out of jail free card.
Was her original prison sentence cut short because the conviction, on 18 counts, overturned? If so, that’s literally-metaphorically getting her out of hot water, especially so considering her age, and especially with regard to the new plea deal - she’s good to go with timed serve and a manageable fine of $62k.

Also, no one said the interested parties were on her side. I was just pointing out that it was Ajax18’s “side” that went to bat for her based off their desire to allow larping within jury trials. In other words, his side, without him knowing it, got the Black Democrat out of jail, which I guarantee you he didn’t know about. The irony is apparent.

- Doc
Quick Google search says she was one of the elderly prisoners released during the pandemic. So, she was out of prison when the conviction was reversed.

I still don't see the relevance of who submitted the amicus briefs. Generally, its the parties' lawyers that win and lose the cases. So, to attribute the reversal to the amicus briefs is pretty much a WAG. Or is it just an amusing taunt?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Literally nothing you wrote invalidated my observations, to include, convictions being overturned, sentencing limited to time served, and a relatively small fine. Nor does it change the fact the “side” working in her favor would be Ajax’s “side.” The fact she was released due to an unforeseen pandemic was, and is, neither here nor there and only serves you in your efforts to be ‘not wrong’. Or are you suggesting had the ‘Coalition for Larping Jurists’ not gotten involved, Ms. Brown would’ve seen the same results, worked out in a deal between her team and the prosecutors?

Anyway. The OP was posted in bad faith, and you’re just being puckish because you were wrong on the ‘Ajax’ and ‘18’ issue (iT wAs An iNnOcEnT mIsTaKe, gAiZ). But, hey, keep defending the totally-reformed-white-supremacist. You do you.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

For any interested parties, this article goes into a little more detail with quotes from involved parties and screencaps shared on Twitter with regard to relevant statements by jurors:

https://www.wokv.com/news/local/excused ... xYRo3z0oN/

- Doc
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:51 pm
Literally nothing you wrote invalidated my observations, to include, convictions being overturned, sentencing limited to time served, and a relatively small fine. Nor does it change the fact the “side” working in her favor would be Ajax’s “side.” The fact she was released due to an unforeseen pandemic was, and is, neither here nor there and only serves you in your efforts to be ‘not wrong’. Or are you suggesting had the ‘Coalition for Larping Jurists’ not gotten involved, Ms. Brown would’ve seen the same results, worked out in a deal between her team and the prosecutors?

Anyway. The opening post was posted in bad faith, and you’re just being puckish because you were wrong on the ‘Ajax’ and ‘18’ issue (iT wAs An iNnOcEnT mIsTaKe, gAiZ). But, hey, keep defending the totally-reformed-white-supremacist. You do you.

- Doc
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're killing me here, man. Why are you so obsessed with this? You claim to know Ajax's thought process 15 years ago when he picked a screen name. I didn't say you were wrong. I said I was unwilling to draw a conclusion on the evidence we have. And you just can't leave that alone. Why not?

It's not a winnable argument, unless one of us has Ajax's secret diary for that day and it has an entry about why he picked his screen name and we assume he was being honest. I mean, given that the evidence of what Ajax was actually thinking that day, there's no way to prove or disprove any WAG about what he was thinking when he chose the name. I mean, the luxury of your position is that you can say anything you want and no one will ever be able to prove that you're wrong.

And now you've done exactly the same exercise with me and you're just flat ass wrong. I don't think I "lost." I don't think I "won." I expressed my opinion, which happens to be different from yours. And you just can't leave that alone. You took a difference of opinion and turned it into a dick measuring contest, and then you crowned yourself winner without ever measure dicks because, in this case, it's impossible to actually measure the dicks. And now, you've once again done your mind reader cosplay telling me that I'm sore over losing a contest that I never entered.

You're the one obsessed with turning discussions into dick measuring contests. You asked the question about the sentence. I answered it. How in the friggin world is that trying to win?

Ajax posted about a black woman convicted of fraud. He didn't express any unhappiness that her conviction was reversed and she was granted a new trial. He didn't didn't even address the appellate ruling at all. Your response was what I would call a childish taunt that was not related in any way to what Ajax posted about. Ha! Ha! Neener! Neener! Your side got her out of hot water.!!!! Ha! Ha! You're a dope!!! Jesus Christ, dude.

When I pointed out that it actually didn't get her out of hot water, only a new trial (after she was convicted on the first one), you argued (oddly, without doing the 15 seconds of googling it takes to find out): not if she got a shorter sentence. So I looked up the answer to your question. Then you accused me of trying to win. WTF, man?

If I recall correctly, you once accused me of being controlling. Hilarious projection. You're trying to control who Ajax is. You're trying to control who I am. You can't tolerate the fact that I have a different opinion than you do. You drag a simple difference of opinion into a completely different thread like some kind of bunny boiler. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am doing me. I will continue to do me. My opinions are my opinions and I don't think about expressions of opinion that are not capable of proof as dick measuring contests. That's all you, bro. I don't think "you do you" means "you do you, but only the way I demand that you do."

Dude, ask yourself. Wouldn't a person who was secure in his conclusions about Ajax have stopped trying to pick a fight long before this? I'm perfectly comfortable in my position.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

k