The Best Diet

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Re: The Best Diet

Post by High Spy »

Moksha wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:49 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:43 am
Sure, let's ignore all the research. Silly scientists.
Nothing quite as Mediterranean as baklava and pizza. Go for a little Pacific fusion and make it a Hawaiian pizza.
Double fish fillet, but not at McDonald’s. :mrgreen: dbnp

Cause door dash won’t deliver the only thing on the menu fit for human consumption.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 3:00 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:50 pm
Health thread.
Spam.
Spam is real.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:18 am
honorentheos wrote:
Spam is real.
Touche
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Chap wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:43 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:19 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUPjO-sWWmY

The best diet is the diet that works for you. The diet that works for most people is the Mediterranean diet. Watch top quality video.
I just eat stuff, and that seems to work pretty well for me. I am neither fat not thin, my digestion functions OK, and I am pretty healthy. Do I have to watch the video?
At least it's only 10 mins long. I hate the 1 to 2 hours ones when you are not sure you will learn anything valuable.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Themis wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:47 am

At least it's only 10 mins long. I hate the 1 to 2 hours ones when you are not sure you will learn anything valuable.
So did you learn something?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:29 am
So did you learn something?
No, but not because it wasn't informative, but I already knew the information. There are a few good diets like the Mediterranean, DASH, Paleo. Mediterranean could be the best, but that could depend on various factors including what we like, what our ancestors ate, etc. When is comes to the best eating habits like the diets above you may notice they are very similar. Even a vegan diet can be very healthy, but it takes a lot more planning to get what you need. I'm not a fan of the keto diet other than as a short term weight loss strategy, but I would just stick to forming good long term eating habits.

I was thinking you could list all the information in a short paragraph for anyone to start creating their own healthy eating diet.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Spam.
Do you still think that?

Themis wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:01 pm
No, but not because it wasn't informative, but I already knew the information. There are a few good diets like the Mediterranean, DASH, Paleo. Mediterranean could be the best, but that could depend on various factors including what we like, what our ancestors ate, etc. When is comes to the best eating habits like the diets above you may notice they are very similar. Even a vegan diet can be very healthy, but it takes a lot more planning to get what you need. I'm not a fan of the keto diet other than as a short term weight loss strategy, but I would just stick to forming good long term eating habits.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:59 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Spam.
Do you still think that?
Do I still think your link to an ad and exhortation to support a Kickstarter is spam? Well, when you put it THAT way...
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:22 am
Do I still think your link to an ad and exhortation to support a Kickstarter is spam? Well, when you put it THAT way...
I linked to a video. The kickstarter has nothing to do with the topic or video.

But oh well, I guess medical research trials are spam.

You act like Abbott kicking out O'Rourke for making "political" statements.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:33 am
honorentheos wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:22 am
I linked to a video. The kickstarter has nothing to do with the topic or video.

But oh well, I guess medical research trials are spam.

You act like Abbott kicking out O'Rourke for making "political" statements.

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:29 am
Chap wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:43 pm

I just eat stuff, and that seems to work pretty well for me. I am neither fat not thin, my digestion functions OK, and I am pretty healthy. Do I have to watch the video?
Yes watch the video, help him.