What Would a MAGA State Look Like?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

What Would a MAGA State Look Like?

Post by Res Ipsa »

We may get to see a real live MAGA controlled state -- Idaho. Here's a sneak peek.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/far-righ ... 4db7282bd6

Trigger Warning: It is the Huffington Post, so if you are MAGA or MAGA adjacent there might be material that could make you uncomfortable. The good news is, if you move to Idaho, the HuffPo will likely be banned from libraries anyway.

Enjoy.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Re: What Would a MAGA State Look Like?

Post by Moksha »

Here is a bit more on catching up with the thinking of current Trump minions and the general state of the Republican party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNeWUiBDRuE - Roger Stone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Ot0SzprXk - Trump Rally in Texas

Idaho is also reflective of LDS political thought.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Not that anyone who needs to read the article will read the article, but the idea of Idaho (or really the Pacific Northwest) being set up as a White Homeland has been bandied about and promoted on the Internet for a while, and it looks like it’s working, as like-minded people are migrating there.
In the weeks prior, someone had mailed postcards around the city with an illustration of Tenneson and two local officials depicted as clowns, alongside racist caricatures of minorities and hateful depictions of a homeless person and a transgender person. “ALL ARE WELCOME,” it read. “CLOWN WORLD.” On the back of the postcard was text saying diversity in Coeur d’Alene would mean “crime,” “homelessness,” “street feces” and “perversity.”

The postcards were a response to an innocuous local campaign Tenneson helped launch called Love Lives Here CDA, an anti-hate effort to promote the city as a welcoming place. Tenneson showed me her copy of the postcard. “The fact that that postcard was mailed to my address at my house means they knew where I lived,” she said.
The “clownworld” comment is commonly referred by Conservative racists and bigots, on the Internet, to denote Liberal policies they view as failures like third-world immigration, trans stuff, homeless issues, terrorism, etc. The center postcard pictured, for example, is a riff on a similar picture showing a parade of leftist caricatures headed up by a giant Jewish spider that’s on the chans quite a bit:

The article, in conjunction with the “Dark MAGA” thing what’s-his-nuts just dropped on the world (and with the GQP nomination of the ubertrumpist for Governor in PA) should demonstrate clearly to the Left that when people like [*] waxes wistful about putting a bullet in between your eyes, he really, really wants to put a bullet between your eyes.

- Doc

* - best not to assume intent. Please give a link to a specific post.
-cp-
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:24 am

Idaho is about 25% LDS, heavily concentrated in the SE part of the state. Most of this article talks about the panhandle and western part of the state. The panhandle is where the Aryan Nations was located. There are Christian Nationalist groups in the panhandle and NE Washington.

Although there are LDS folks who are right-wing extremists, I wouldn’t say that what’s described in this article is representative of LDS thought.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doc, you’re up on this stuff. This Dark MAGA is news to me. I’ve seen the laser eyeballs thing, but that’s about it. How much substance is there too it?
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:56 pm
Doc, you’re up on this stuff. This Dark MAGA is news to me. I’ve seen the laser eyeballs thing, but that’s about it. How much substance is there too it?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... 29ab72ac1f

https://www.businessinsider.com/dark-ma ... nge-2022-5

I’ll try to find the tweet and post an image. I’m in the middle of a couple of things right now.

eta:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:53 pm
Moksha wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:24 am

Idaho is about 25% LDS, heavily concentrated in the SE part of the state. Most of this article talks about the panhandle and western part of the state. The panhandle is where the Aryan Nations was located. There are Christian Nationalist groups in the panhandle and NE Washington.

Although there are LDS folks who are right-wing extremists, I wouldn’t say that what’s described in this article is representative of LDS thought.

https://www.oregonlive.com/politics/202 ... tates.html
The grassroots group Move Oregon’s Border for a Greater Idaho wants to flip Oregon’s mostly rural eastern and southern counties -- plus a few northern counties in California -- into Idaho, believing they’d be better off in Idaho’s more conservative political environment. It’s hoping that political pressure from county initiative votes will lead to negotiations between Oregon and Idaho to move the border between the two states, putting up to 22 of Oregon’s 36 counties in Idaho.

“This election proves that rural Oregon wants out of Oregon,” lead petitioner Mike McCarter said in a statement. “If Oregon really believes in liberal values such as self-determination, the Legislature won’t hold our counties captive against our will. If we’re allowed to vote for which government officials we want, we should be allowed to vote for which government we want as well.”
- Doc
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:09 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:56 pm
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... 29ab72ac1f

https://www.businessinsider.com/dark-ma ... nge-2022-5

I’ll try to find the tweet and post an image. I’m in the middle of a couple of things right now.

eta:

- Doc
Thanks. Much appreciated.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

This is a new mural going up in my community:

I consider this kind of behavior a natural reaction to the BLM and assorted Leftist murals that pop up all over urban centers. It’s no coincidence the mural is lauding the fReEdOm cOnVoY. Here in soon-to-be Dark MAGALand, the GQP’ers seem to be marking out their territory.

- Doc
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

wasf