Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by honorentheos »

Lol!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Today's is a nice change of pace, in my opinion. I guessed immediately next to it which made for a unique problem. Got it in four because my coin flip after zeroing in on it being one of two countries was wrong.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

11 for me, I'm just not as good at this one as I am Worldle. I might have had it faster but my second guess threw me off a bit, it claimed to be closer than my first but visually I just don't believe that, now knowing the answer. Led me to looking further north and east than I should have been and very confused when my next guesses were then further away.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

13 today. I started out on the wrong side of the world and it took me to several unfortunate guesses just to zero in on the region -- I didn't get a neighboring country until guess #11. At least I didn't need a map today.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

I tried this for the first time, today. I was able to start off by selecting a country - for which it then colored and told me how far away I was to the closest border of the target country. But after that point, I’m not able to tap/select any other country. Rotating and zooming work just fine, but nothing can be chosen.

What’s the trick to move past one guess?
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

There should be a text box above the globe -- type your guess in that box. (I believe some folks have mentioned problems with zooming and not seeing the whole screen on mobile devices -- if you don't see the text box, it may be that your screen is zoomed in.)
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:48 pm
There should be a text box above the globe -- type your guess in that box. (I believe some folks have mentioned problems with zooming and not seeing the whole screen on mobile devices -- if you don't see the text box, it may be that your screen is zoomed in.)

Aha. That was easy. Not sure why that didn’t seem as obvious as it is. : D

OK, second guess was burgundy and <10km, so it must be a bordering nation. I got lucky!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

12 guesses
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Lucky guesswork put me in the neighborhood on the 2nd guess, and I was happy to get it in five.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

16 guesses today
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.