Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by honorentheos »

I've been playing this one for about a week now. It's different from Worldle, being both more and less difficult. Having to know the country in order to guess it is the most challenging part. Being able to see the globe while guessing is beneficial.

Combining it with Worldle has been a good little boost to my visualizing the world more accurately (except Cuba. Stupid Cuba.)

Hope others enjoy it:

https://globle-game.com/game
honorentheos
God

Re: Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by honorentheos »

Also, today's is one of the more difficult ones. Yesterday's was up there. But others have been rather easy.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Argh, how humiliating. It took me 13 (thirteen!) guesses, and that was while consulting a world map from about the 8th guess on. (Question: would you mind terribly if I were to hate you just a very little bit? It would be on a strictly temporary basis, mind you.)
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Lol, I probably deserve it, if just a little bit.

Today's is well above the average difficulty level so hopefully it's better tomorrow.

Though, yesterday's was a city-state which is it's own level of frustration.

Globle does measure from border to border, too. When the border is 0 km from your closest guess, one doesn't immediately assume the answer is within it's borders...
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Maybe playing these games has had an effect on my global geographic awareness after all.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

My first guess today was unusual in that it put me immediately on a shared border. You'd think that would make it super easy. But it took three guesses total to get it due to not having a clue as to which side it was on to base the second guess on.

Yesterday, Russia really threw me. I couldn't figure out why the Marshall islands were closer than Cuba but an African country was closer than Venezuela. I guessed Japan with my fifth guess before it clicked in the mystery country was spanning the entire Asian continent and then some. Bad luck in first guess selection yesterday, good luck today.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Got today's puzzle in 3 tries! Very luck second guess put me only a few miles kilometers away.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

8.42 is my current globle average after playing for two weeks. I got today's in 8, and think I'd have done better had I not started where I did. True to form my second guess was in the opposite direction from the answer...hmph.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Today I had a lucky first guess and got it in 3. That brought my average down to 8.75, which is rather better than I would have guesstimated.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Eight guesses.