Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by honorentheos »

Got it in five today. It's also evidence playing the game for a while and reviewing maps is helping. I would have been unlikely to have got this in any number of guesses a few weeks ago. Thanks to the creators of Global and Worldle for a little educational nudge in an area I needed improving.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

13 (with help from a map at the end).
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

9 guesses
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

11 (using a map).
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Six, no map but again, I'm benefiting from past answers and spending time studying. Plus I'm getting a better sense of how far 200, 500, 1000, 5000, etc., miles equates on the globe so my attempts to zero in are gaining efficiency. Not sure there are in real life benefits beside better global awareness but I appreciate the game is paying knowledge dividends. Not to say I could do better when the next St. Vincent is the answer but countries with which I have some familiarity and refreshed awareness of their geographic relationships are becoming easier to get.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

13 Guesses. My first guess was almost the opposite side of the world. That didn't seem to help me zero in on it.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:44 am
13 Guesses. My first guess was almost the opposite side of the world. That didn't seem to help me zero in on it.
Four today. I also was almost exactly on the opposite side of the world at the start. It helped I found this country interesting when we had a previous answer near by so it came to mind once I got close. A case where the name helped.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:27 am
Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:44 am
Four today. I also was almost exactly on the opposite side of the world at the start. It helped I found this country interesting when we had a previous answer near by so it came to mind once I got close. A case where the name helped.
Actually I realize now that I confused myself by mistakenly reading the initial distance from the first guess as miles instead of kilometers, which was the default setting for units of distance. If the initial distance had actually been in miles, my initial guess actually would have been almost exactly at the opposite side of the earth.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

9 guesses
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Also four. Had a lucky second guess that was both the right direction from my first guess and set me up well. I'm apparently bad at flags and boundaries but alright at estimating distances. I also think my memory must work better when I'm recalling names geographically. I'm pretty sure I don't memorize the shapes particularly well given my Wordle scores. But I do alright when I need to remember which countries are relationally around a part of the globe. That's kinda interesting to me, too.