Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by Gunnar »

7 Guesses
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Global in four, one less than Worldle. My starting country is in the area which helped.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

8 Guesses
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Fifth guess
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Today's was crazy. My first guess was over 8,000 miles from the mystery country. I estimated where that would be in one direction which had more landmass that way and ended up just over 1,000 miles away. This led me to assume I had the "x" about right but short, and needed to adjust on the "y". I was anticipating the answer being one that required a little hopping but was shocked when my third guess turned out to be the mystery country. So my guesses are insane looking. Three guesses but I can't fit all three in the view at the same time.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

9 guesses today. My first guess was in the wrong hemisphere.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Eight for me. And I kinda cheated because I couldn't remember the name exactly so I googled it in order to get the app to accept my answer.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

honorentheos wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:17 pm
Today's was crazy. My first guess was over 8,000 miles from the mystery country. I estimated where that would be in one direction which had more landmass that way and ended up just over 1,000 miles away. This led me to assume I had the "x" about right but short, and needed to adjust on the "y". I was anticipating the answer being one that required a little hopping but was shocked when my third guess turned out to be the mystery country. So my guesses are insane looking. Three guesses but I can't fit all three in the view at the same time.
I wanted to revisit this because it is so crazy to me. I think it's safe to say the answer was New Zealand without spoiling anything. My opening guess was and usually is Kuwait. It sits in a spot relative to the rest of the globe that helps me triangulate in relatively few guesses based on having an idea how far away it is from the Americas the major cardinal points of Africa, Northern Europe, East Asia. But it is a tiny country that only borders Iraq and Saudi Arabia. It's proven to be helpful to keep the first guess tiny with limited shared borders that I can estimate off of reasonable well. I find the second guess is the most difficult in most cases.

My guess was ridiculously far off, somewhere over 8k miles. After judging that to mean it was likely in the Pacific if to the west or the other side of the Pacific going east, I opted to guess Papau New Guinea to try and triangulate off of next. That ended up being around 2k miles off. That left me believing it was going to be some island that would be difficult to get and decided to try and triangulate off New Zealand to help narrow it down. I was shocked when it turned out to be the answer, and that I got it on three. I had already determined I was going to get a high guess count because islands are not my forté by any stretch.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Five today. Lucky with the fifth guess as I unwisely selected a country with many bordering counties for the fourth when I had narrowed down where and on which continent the mystery country was with the third. I try to avoid that but I misremembered how big that county was.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:55 pm
Five today. Lucky with the fifth guess as I unwisely selected a country with many bordering counties for the fourth when I had narrowed down where and on which continent the mystery country was with the third. I try to avoid that but I misremembered how big that county was.
It took me six. All on the same continent. I'm going to fashion a strategy somewhat like the Kuwait one you write about a couple of post above. Maybe that'll help.