Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by honorentheos »

Morley wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:35 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:55 pm
Five today. Lucky with the fifth guess as I unwisely selected a country with many bordering counties for the fourth when I had narrowed down where and on which continent the mystery country was with the third. I try to avoid that but I misremembered how big that county was.
It took me six. All on the same continent. I'm going to fashion a strategy somewhat like the Kuwait one you write about a couple of post above. Maybe that'll help.
Best of luck with it. I think the key for me was when Kuwait was the answer and its relative distance to my prior guesses clicked into place. Having only two possible neighbors that are <10 miles also helps in case it turns out Iraq or Saudi Arabia are the mystery country. I once mistakenly guessed Brazil early on before it occurred that almost every country in South America borders it. I'm not good at the game but I've made enough mistakes that it is hard not to have picked up a lesson or two.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

8 guesses, 7 of which were in Africa. This may or may not be a clue for you others. Judging by a PM I received from honorentheos, it seems likely that we don't all necessarily get the same country to guess at each day. Did anyone else besides me get Benin? If so, forgive me for giving away the answer to your own puzzle.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I'm fairly certain we've always had the same mystery country in Globle. It's the Worldle where you had PM'd me your answer to countries with similar names on a day I had Zimbabwe as the correct answer.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

For Gunnar, I suggest editing your post to not give the answer away.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

5 guesses
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:31 pm
I'm fairly certain we've always had the same mystery country in Globle. It's the Worldle where you had PM'd me your answer to countries with similar names on a day I had Zimbabwe as the correct answer.
You're probably right.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

9 guesses
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

9 guesses again
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

6 guesses today
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I had a repeat of the three guess craziness today. First guess was Kuwait as always. Decided to guess to the east and that result left me thinking it was likely in the direction it turned out to be. Pure luck that it also ended up being the mystery country. I'll take the lucky win here since my approach to Worldle is the opposite of Gunnar with similarly opposite results. I avoid guessing countries because I'm pretty sure the flag is wrong. :)