Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Re: Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by Bret Ripley »

I had a lucky first guess (again) and got it in four. My average dipped to just below 8, and I am resolved to be smug about that. Insufferable, really.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Tip of the day: Never start with a country like Russia or China, large countries that border many other countries. Russia crosses 11 time zones, so the chances of something being close to Russia are a lot greater than [for example] Paraguay.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Today's was difficult for me. Definitely had to go to a map.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Four today -- this is a country that fascinated me when I was a kid. My score would have been five but for some reason it wouldn't accept Grand Fenwick as a valid guess.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Wait, what? It’s giving text to some of you?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:22 pm
Wait, what? It’s giving text to some of you?
It displays well below the globe on the same page. I missed it because when I used the scroll wheel on the page it just zoomed in and out in the globe. I had to use the scroll bar to the side to see it.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Got it in 5, that’s my best ever. This is a great learning tool though, I am def improving my geography knowledge.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:55 pm
Got it in 5, that’s my best ever. This is a great learning tool though, I am def improving my geography knowledge.
Congratulations! I wish I had approached it differently today. I got it in 7, having messed up by the thinnest of oceanic bodies and wasted a couple of guesses.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Four today, owing to lucky preceding guesses which almost painted an arrow towards the answer. My average is down to 7.4, but it would be much, much higher if I didn't rely on maps in instances where I've guessed a bordering country and exhausted my memory trying to recall its neighbors. I don't know if Globle allows for an infinite number of guesses, but without maps I would have had several opportunities to find out.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Damn.