Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by Gunnar »

6 guesses
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

7 guesses
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Something is wrong with the game today. I guessed several countries that I know for a fact are actual countries, that the game insists are invalid guesses.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:02 am
Something is wrong with the game today. I guessed several countries that I know for a fact are actual countries, that the game insists are invalid guesses.
i've had that issue also. frustrating.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

My limited experience with issues usually turned out to be either my spelling didn't match or, more often, the name I had in my head turned out to be only a partial bit of the official name. It could use a better interface that doesn't just rely on a person's spell checker for sure. Examples have included Bosnia, St. Kitts, the Congo republics, the Grenadines, and Micronesia.

For me, it kinda helped today given the answer was one I think of immediately in the region. One of those, "It's in the neighborhood of X" and X ends up being the answer.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:10 pm
My limited experience with issues usually turned out to be either my spelling didn't match or, more often, the name I had in my head turned out to be only a partial bit of the official name. It could use a better interface that doesn't just rely on a person's spell checker for sure. Examples have included Bosnia, St. Kitts, the Congo republics, the Grenadines, and Micronesia.

For me, it kinda helped today given the answer was one I think of immediately in the region. One of those, "It's in the neighborhood of X" and X ends up being the answer.
Yes, I have had those issues too, and usually found an alternative that the game accepted. Today, however, there were several guesses I made that I spell checked, googled and looked up in Wikipedia that I know for a fact were the actual names of currently extant countries, yet resulted in the message "invalid entry."
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:26 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:10 pm

Yes, I have had those issues too, and usually found an alternative that the game accepted. Today, however, there were several guesses I made that I spell checked, googled and looked up in Wikipedia that I know for a fact were the actual names of currently extant countries, yet resulted in the message "invalid entry."
Yes, i got that too, once. The spelling was absolutely correct, as well as full name, but the game wouldn't accept it. I realized it was a glitch because another device allowed me to select the word as misspelled, then select its version (no different than mine) and then the game accepted it. Weird glitch.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Finally got it after the 15th guess, but I am still frustrated that a couple or so of my wrong guesses, which I know for a fact are the names of actual countries were "invalid guesses", according to Wordle. Nevertheless, I am a bit embarrassed that it took me so many guesses, because when I finally got the right guess and looked at the map, it was blazingly obviously the right answer. It was a far less obscure country than I had imagined the answer might be. I had previously correctly guessed in fewer tries countries that were truly obscure and much, much less well known and more geographically isolated. I had apparently got the idea fixated in my mind that I was looking for yet another tiny and little-known country as obscure as some I had previously guessed correctly.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

The interface is definitely the weakest feature of the app. My impression is it doesn't use an independent spell checker but rather the default associated with the browser with a site cookie or the like involved. I say that as the text line automatically shows Kuwait as the first suggestion when I click in it. The Worldle drop down is far superior.