do I understand the definition of a man?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: do I understand the definition of a man?

Post by Binger »

Morley wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:57 pm
Binger wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:22 am

As usual, you miss the entire point while playing the man and not the ball.

It doesn't matter what I think or why I think it. It does not matter what you think.
And yet here you are, telling us what you think. And asking us what we think.

Binger wrote:

What matters is that this so-called construct is just the equivalent of mansplaining to women of who and what they are.
As is yours. As are you.

Binger wrote:
And, many women are rejecting your conditions and the conditions of this new construct. They don't give two pieces of damnit whether you, or honor, or anyone else has collected them into a set of objects for your soothing and logic. They just dismiss the notion outright, as is their wont. And they are not wrong.
And many women aren’t. And they are not wrong, either.

You seem to be saying that some people and some women are upset about the evolving definition of what it means to be a woman——that some women feel offended when classed as people rather than the narrower definition of ‘women’.

I don’t see anyone saying that that isn’t so, or that those feelings are invalid.

It might also be true that there folks who are happy to nudge the definition a little. And that their feelings might also have value.

What do you think?
I think we agree more than we disagree.