My shout

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: My shout

Post by Dr. Shades »

“LVP” = ?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:41 am
“LVP” = ?
I think she's talking about the type of flooring.

That's a beautiful house, Dantana. I wish you were my builder.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

What a peaceful looking home! Congrats. The rock excavation must have been crazy but it gives it such a nice look of being part of the natural environment. Very calming.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Thankyou everyone for the kind comments. Thanks Jersey Girl, Cam, Res, Kevin, Morley and Marcus.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:41 am
“LVP” = ?
google is your friend.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lvp&rlz ... e&ie=UTF-8
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dantana,

I could look at your work all day. If you have any more pictures of your craftsmanship please feel free to share. This is coming from a guy who can’t get enough of home reno/build shows with my hands down favorite being Grand Designs.

My wife and I, in our last three homes, have taken on semi-fixer uppers, from curb to gutter, and turned them into some pretty special properties. So, yeah, totally into what you do.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

K Graham wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:58 am
At first I was like, wow that seems overpriced even in this market, but then I scrolled down and saw it sits on nearly 8 acres.

Nice job. We're in the process of renovating a property we bought last month. I really didn't want to buy it because the market is so crazy everything is overpriced. But a friend told me it belonged to a friend of his who was trying to avoid foreclosure, so we went ahead and bought it to save him from that hassle. We only paid $220k, and needs at least $70-100K worth of work done to it before it is habitable. Not sure how they were even living in it to begin with. HVAC doesn't even work. Anyway, we're hoping the market will still be hot by the time we're done renovating it. Hopefully get everything done within a few months. Comps in that same neighborhood are selling for over $500k.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/915- ... 8055_zpid/
I looked through the ad/photos. What are you going to do with the house in terms of renovation?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:19 am
Dantana,

I could look at your work all day. If you have any more pictures of your craftsmanship please feel free to share. This is coming from a guy who can’t get enough of home reno/build shows with my hands down favorite being Grand Designs.

My wife and I, in our last three homes, have taken on semi-fixer uppers, from curb to gutter, and turned them into some pretty special properties. So, yeah, totally into what you do.

- Doc
Thanks Cam. I've been thinking about sending you a Facebook friend request for quite a while now, but I recently read that you quit on it so. I guess that's that.

Yeah, there is nothing more fun than building stuff. And, for the most part it's a safe investment. If I knew more about playing the stock market, making money without the physical labor, I'd do it. But I don't. So I build.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

dantana wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:27 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:19 am
Dantana,

- Doc
Thanks Cam. I've been thinking about sending you a Facebook friend request for quite a while now, but I recently read that you quit on it so. I guess that's that.

Yeah, there is nothing more fun than building stuff. And, for the most part it's a safe investment. If I knew more about playing the stock market, making money without the physical labor, I'd do it. But I don't. So I build.
Let me know if you ever endeavor to travel to Georgia. We could use a builder to work with for sure.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

dantana wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:27 pm
I don't think there's anything more satisfying or important than creating something tangible.

I have this sign in my work area: “I am not what I am, I am what I do with my hands...” ― Louise Bourgeois