My shout

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

My shout

Post by dantana »

Drinks are on me. The house I've been building since last summer just went pending. I've been a little apprehensive on this one, state of world affairs and all.

I built this same house four years ago in a snob hill area. It sold for $550 k. Which was fine. I made a little more profit on this one, but that is mostly due to buying the property two years ago when prices were still reasonable. Things is nuts.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3501 ... 0988_zpid/
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Jersey Girl
God

Re: My shout

Post by Jersey Girl »

WOW! I love this! Love that the garage isn't the first thing you see jutting out of the front of the house like I see them here! Very nice design, dantana! Like the dormer for the upstairs windows/bedrooms!

What manufacturer is the LVP? Are the new builds in your area using LVP instead of hardwoods these days? Around here it seems like LVP has taken the lead.

Thanks for showing us this!

Sincerely,
A house junkie
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
dantana
2nd Counselor

Post by dantana »

Thanks Jersey Girl!

My wife loves designing houses. Interior finishes, etc. She always tries to make the garage not look like a garage.

I really like LVP. There are a lot of differences in the qual. though, so, it takes some serious research. This flooring is LVP 'Coretec'. It is one of the better ones. I did put down some home d. 'lifeproof' lvp in a house, two houses ago. It worked but I wouldn't use it again for - reasons.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

dantana wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:34 am
Thanks Jersey Girl!

My wife loves designing houses. Interior finishes, etc. She always tries to make the garage not look like a garage.

I really like LVP. There are a lot of differences in the qual. though, so, it takes some serious research. This flooring is LVP 'Coretec'. It is one of the better ones. I did put down some home d. 'lifeproof' lvp in a house, two houses ago. It worked but I wouldn't use it again for - reasons.
Oh yes I've heard of Coretec! I designed our house (sq. footage, interior, exterior, all of it!) , and took my plans to an architect for the professional plans. That was 3 decades ago so I love seeing what's in the new builds! If I could, I'd build a new house once every month! Just love it and oh man, the smell of a new build!

Remember I identified myself as a junkie. ;-)

Congratulations to you both! Well done!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

dantana this is the type of home I was thinking about with regard to garages as prominent features. I dislike this so much. But don't get me wrong, if I were in the market and this were in my price range, yes, I'd live in it. I just think it's a lazy design.

Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed May 25, 2022 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I love it. It feels like a carpenter’s chapel nestled in the woods. What a craftsman.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dantana
2nd Counselor

Post by dantana »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:47 am
dantana this is the type of home I was thinking about with regard to garages as prominent features. I dislike this so much. But don't get me wrong, if I were in the market and this were in my price range, yes, I'd live in it. I just think it's a lazy design.

Yeah, that type of house is what you get when you have to build on a 50' wide lot. Which is what you get when developers develop their developments for squeezing in houses
dantana
2nd Counselor

Post by dantana »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:56 am
I love it. It feels like a carpenter’s chapel nestled in the woods. What a craftsman.

- Doc
Thanks Cam!

This is a very cool property. The problem with it though is it's 7 acres, but 6 1/2 of it is hillside. Steep. And solid rock. My excavation contractor spent 2 weeks with a rock hammer on his machine chipping out a notch to put the house on.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Awesome house. Congrats!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

At first I was like, wow that seems overpriced even in this market, but then I scrolled down and saw it sits on nearly 8 acres.

Nice job. We're in the process of renovating a property we bought last month. I really didn't want to buy it because the market is so crazy everything is overpriced. But a friend told me it belonged to a friend of his who was trying to avoid foreclosure, so we went ahead and bought it to save him from that hassle. We only paid $220k, and needs at least $70-100K worth of work done to it before it is habitable. Not sure how they were even living in it to begin with. HVAC doesn't even work. Anyway, we're hoping the market will still be hot by the time we're done renovating it. Hopefully get everything done within a few months. Comps in that same neighborhood are selling for over $500k.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/915- ... 8055_zpid/
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18