School Shooting in Uvalde Texas

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: School Shooting in Uvalde Texas

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:41 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:50 pm
I've always said, if you want to own a gun, you should be shot so you have first hand knowledge of its potential danger.

ETA: And of course, you have to be shot by the gun you want to own. Or guns.
Sort of like how, if you want to own a car, you should be run over by the car you want to own so you have first hand knowledge of its potential danger?
:lol: Not quite, but close. Didn’t you take Driver’s Ed in high school and sit in one of those consoles where crashes were simulated? before Uber became so ubiquitous, high schools around here used to leave a horribly mangled car on their front lawn before prom week as a warning. It’s just an extreme version of that.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:
I've always said, if you want to own a gun, you should be shot so you have first hand knowledge of its potential danger.

Sort of like how, if you want to own a car, you should be run over by the car you want to own so you have first hand knowledge of its potential danger?
No, it's not like that at all. The purpose of a car is to drive it, not to kill animals.

And yet, we still have tighter controls around car than guns. You have to actually have a license, training, and insurance to drive a car.

If you're going to make a car analogy, try harder. Analogies only work if they're analogous. I'm sure I've told you that before.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

then those who are paid to protect stay outside while kids get killed!?! It seems like a case could be made for criminal negligence. I'd have to take a look at it but if I were a DA in that county, I would be tempted to make a case against these cowards.
The officer who refused to go in to confront the Parkland, Florida shooter, is currently getting $150k/year retirement for the rest of his life. I don't think he's even over 55 yoa.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:19 pm
then those who are paid to protect stay outside while kids get killed!?! It seems like a case could be made for criminal negligence. I'd have to take a look at it but if I were a DA in that county, I would be tempted to make a case against these cowards.
The officer who refused to go in to confront the Parkland, Florida shooter, is currently getting $150k/year retirement for the rest of his life. I don't think he's even over 55 yoa.
Please post that officer's name.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

A cop confronted him, the cop was new and the guy pulled the cops gun from his belt and shot him dead.
If a policemen shot a criminal for trying to pull his gun or taser from him, he'd be on CNN that night with Benjamin Crump Al Sharpton demanding he spend the rest of his life in prison, and the taxpayer be paying the criminals family millions in a wrongful death lawsuit. Perhaps there's a reason the policeman chose to suffer death from the criminal rather than risk possible life in prison, and certainly a ruined life and economic destruction for having to shoot him?

If more gun control laws were the answer to stopping gun violence, Chicago would be the safest city in the US. As it stands about 40 people get shot there every weekend.
Last edited by ajax18 on Sat May 28, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:25 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:19 pm

Please post that officer's name.
Scot Peterson was the officer who refused to go in and confront the Nikolas Cruz, the shooter. Scott Israel was the incompetent Democrat sherrif who failed to investigate red flags put up by Nikolas Cruz and oversaw the cowardice of his deputies. DeSantis fired Scott Israel as soon as he was elected governor.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:19 am
19 good guys with a gun in the pro-gun of pro-gun states failed to stop a single bad guy with a gun. wow.
Contrary to leftist media reports, there was no security officer on duty at the school. The doors of the school were not locked. Salvador Ramos just walked into the school.

And where did the off duty border patrol officer get his shotgun? The barber had one. This was the shotgun that he used to ultimately kill Salvador Ramos. But as Kevin says, there's no such thing as heroes who use a legally owned weapon to take down a murderer.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Thank you, Ajax18 [deleted, FR 2, RI] THANK YOU for bringing some COMMON SENSE and BALANCE to this DEMONRAT ECHO CHAMBER. Ha. Those 19 BRAVE OFFICERS secured the perimeter. You think a LIBERAL COWARD would think to do that. DOUBTFUL.

Anyway. THANK YOU for redirecting attention back onto the REAL problem with mass SHOOTERS which is DEMOCRAP policy.

💭 & 🙏 to the REAL victims of mass shooting events which are LAW ABIDING AMERICANS WHO OWN GUNS!!! 😡 😤 😠

Love ya,

Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Some Schmo wrote:

There are other options, Shades.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:01 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 1:19 am
19 good guys with a gun in the pro-gun of pro-gun states failed to stop a single bad guy with a gun. wow.
Contrary to leftist media reports, there was no security officer on duty at the school. The doors of the school were not locked. Salvador Ramos just walked into the school.

“Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, said on Friday that the school's officer was not on the campus when shooting near the school was first reported but immediately proceeded to the scene.

After arriving at the scene, the security officer drove past the shooter and instead confronted a teacher, McCraw said.”

https://www.axios.com/2022/05/27/texas- ... e-shooting

And where did the off duty border patrol officer get his shotgun? The barber had one. This was the shotgun that he used to ultimately kill Salvador Ramos. But as Kevin says, there's no such thing as heroes who use a legally owned weapon to take down a murderer.

I’m noting that the barber, as the ‘good guy with a gun’, didn’t take out the shooter.

Regarding your claim about KG, do you have a link to that, or are you making that up, too?