School Shooting in Uvalde Texas

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: School Shooting in Uvalde Texas

Post by doubtingthomas »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 9:17 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:41 am

Sort of like how, if you want to own a car, you should be run over by the car you want to own so you have first hand knowledge of its potential danger?
More like if you own a car you have to have a driver's license and passed a test to operate it.
Dr. Shades and Atlanticmike have to be the same person.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Still waiting for an explanation of how an 18 year old buying 2 assault rifles and over 1600 rounds of ammunition is part of a 'well-regulated militia necessary to the security of a free state.'
You have those kind of strict gun laws in California. Yet you still had a mass shooting fairly recently.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

How wrong was he for ever saying something like that, when there were almost two dozen folks outside for an hour, apparently in no rush to ‘be a hero’?
If Kevin had his way the barber would not be allowed to own a shotgun or any weapon designed to kill people rather than deer. ICE probably wouldn't exist either. And yes there was a hero who grabbed a gun from a law biding citizen and used it to kill the shooter. Was that even legal, given that the gun belonged to the barber and not the off duty border patrol officer?

It’s generally a good idea to first consider alternate ways to detain a suspect than shooting them dead if they resist, or if they merely appear to be holding something. I would assume that suspects do not always ‘surrender peacefully’. That’s why policemen and women are trained in a few alternate methods than merely unloading their weapon into someone who’s resisting or running.
Your side has an impossible standard set up for these officers. I'm surprised you manage to hire anyone to be a police officer at all. And I'm certainly not surprised at the level of law enforcement officers your policies have given us as a result. How many people on this board have children who have chosen to be police officers? You know the people you disparage as racist pigs who go out and shoot people for no other reason than they're black.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:03 am
Your side has an impossible standard set up for these officers.
The side that does not want these terrible shootings to continue and values life more than gun sales?

Even the police are afraid to protect children threatened with guns. They will sit back and do nothing for fear of being shot by guns. Guns are the enemy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
'm surprised you manage to hire anyone to be a police officer at all. And I'm certainly not surprised at the level of law enforcement officers your policies have given us as a result. How many people on this board have children who have chosen to be police officers? You know the people you disparage as racist pigs who go out and shoot people for no other reason than they're black.
I do [deleted, FR 2, RI]

edit: Apologies to the board and the mod team for my language.

I'll modify this to say:

I do, you condescending person.
Last edited by Morley on Mon May 30, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Your side has an impossible standard set up for these officers. I'm surprised you manage to hire anyone to be a police officer at all. And I'm certainly not surprised at the level of law enforcement officers your policies have given us as a result. How many people on this board have children who have chosen to be police officers? You know the people you disparage as racist pigs who go out and shoot people for no other reason than they're black.
Who are you talking about specifically, halfwit? Most of us are not only pro-cop, but strongly so. Jesus.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:01 pm

Contrary to leftist media reports, there was no security officer on duty at the school. The doors of the school were not locked. Salvador Ramos just walked into the school.
Yes, we know he walked into the school after a teacher propper the back door open so she could go get her cellphone from her car. We also know that the reason media reported about a security officer is because that is what they were told by the lying law enforcement. Hell, FOX News even reported on this. https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school ... re-shooter
The Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed a school police officer exchanged gunfire with the suspected shooter who unleashed fatal gunfire at Robb Elementary in Uvalde.

Texas DPS confirmed to Fox News that the school officer was injured by gunfire, which allowed suspect Salvador Ramos to run inside the school and barricade himself. Ramos dropped a bag of ammunition at the entrance of the school as a result of the shootout, according to DPS.

DPS added in a comment to Fox News that three local officers were wounded during the attack.
In your anxiety to somehow make the "leftist media" your perpetual boogeyman, you do nothing but make an ass of yourself. Wash, rinse, repeat. It is the same unhinged ajax we've all come to know. Lie, berate, lie again, whine about how black people are privileged over white people, lie some more, and then when you're called out for your lies you just squirm away like the cowardly white supremacist that you are.

And where did the off duty border patrol officer get his shotgun? The barber had one. This was the shotgun that he used to ultimately kill Salvador Ramos.
Any gun would suffice, and the reason they went in is because they had ballistic shields to protect them.

Did you ever think that if there weren't so many military style weapons on the street they wouldn't need to wait around for ballistic shields before saving children? No, of course not. You are ecstatic over the fact that only a couple of the victims were white.
But as Kevin says, there's no such thing as heroes who use a legally owned weapon to take down a murderer.
And as you always liked to say, [deleted, FR 1, RI]
Last edited by Res Ipsa on Sun May 29, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Deleted text: the only good Ni**er is a dead Ni**er.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

The other night I saw a Democrat legislator talking on the news about how police depts from all over the state of Texas were nearly begging the legislature not to pass "open carry." Republicans gave them the finger and made their jobs that much harder, and idiots like ajax want to pretend it is Democrats who are endangering their lives.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politic ... n-tuesday/
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Morley wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:28 am
ajax18 wrote:
'm surprised you manage to hire anyone to be a police officer at all. And I'm certainly not surprised at the level of law enforcement officers your policies have given us as a result. How many people on this board have children who have chosen to be police officers? You know the people you disparage as racist pigs who go out and shoot people for no other reason than they're black.
I do, you condescending SOB.
I don't have children who are cops. But I have cops in my family.

There is a hiring and retention problem with cops in the USA right now. Do we have to pretend that the defund the police and ACAB and FTP and F12 campaigns had no effect on that? Looks like we are still pretending that cops are loved if we need them but in the meantime, ACAB, FTP and F12.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Cop worship is ajax's job whenever they gun down black people, but when they fail to save shite children he's all about shifting blame on Democrats. [deleted, FR 2, RI]