News vs. Fake News - School Shootings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

News vs. Fake News - School Shootings

Post by K Graham »

The headline screenshots says it all
cnn.jpg
cnn.jpg (131.08 KiB) Viewed 776 times
fox2.jpg
fox2.jpg (115.35 KiB) Viewed 776 times
fox.jpg
fox.jpg (67.13 KiB) Viewed 776 times
Last edited by K Graham on Thu May 26, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Father Francis
Bishop

Re: News vs. Fake News

Post by Father Francis »

Wow Kevin, won't someone think of the guns here? How am I gonna tuck in my Desert Eagle tonight with your negativity hanging in the air? Have you no shame?
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Not a fan of Fox or Tucker but a quick google would show you that the Fox screenshot is not up to date/accurate.

"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Kukulkan wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:30 am
Not a fan of Fox or Tucker but a quick google would show you that the Fox screenshot is not up to date/accurate.

It is the exact same screenshot that was there 30 seconds before I posted, and in fact it is still on the front page of their website.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

I seriously don't know how these folks sleep at night. "Tired Democrat talking points?" That's all you're worried about when 19 elementary children are slaughtered? Democrats have a conscience which is why they are proactive in DOING SOMETHING. I mean Jesus FIUCKING CHRIST. How many dead American kids will it take before the "party of family values" and "pro-life" wakes up? There is nothing "tired" about wanting to place safeguards to make it more difficult for kids and "evil doers" to own assault weapons. They refuse to accept minimal measures at gun control because they're been brainwashed by the gun industry and NRA into believing the Government is coming for their guns. Just one more classic example of Republican mantra shaped by lies and fear, all the while our youngest generation suffers because of their preference of guns over children.

And who the “F” does Tucker Carlson think he is pretending to be the one who gets to decide who is "desecrating" the deaths of those children? I guarantee you their parents and family of these dead kids will far likely be supportive of gun control measures and consider Tucker's political spin to be what is so desecrating.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

K Graham wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:41 am
It is the exact same screenshot that was there 30 seconds before I posted, and in fact it is still on the front page of their website.
Sorry I am confused. The headline reading "LIVE UPDATES: Border Patrol agent with elite unit killed school shooter" does not appear anywhere on the front page of foxnews.com as of right now.

This is a capture from earlier in the day reading the same headline with a different image.

"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

K Graham wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:44 am
I seriously don't know how these folks sleep at night. "Tired Democrat talking points?" That's all you're worried about when 19 elementary children are slaughtered? Democrats have a conscience which is why they are proactive in DOING SOMETHING. I mean Jesus FIUCKING CHRIST. How many dead American kids will it take before the "party of family values" and "pro-life" wakes up? There is nothing "tired" about wanting to place safeguards to make it more difficult for kids and "evil doers" to own assault weapons. They refuse to accept minimal measures at gun control because they're been brainwashed by the gun industry and NRA into believing the Government is coming for their guns. Just one more classic example of Republican mantra shaped by lies and fear, all the while our youngest generation suffers because of their preference of guns over children.

And who the “F” does Tucker Carlson think he is pretending to be the one who gets to decide who is "desecrating" the deaths of those children? I guarantee you their parents and family of these dead kids will far likely be supportive of gun control measures and consider Tucker's political spin to be what is so desecrating.
I am not asking to attempt a 'gotcha' or anything like that, rather, I am legitimately curious. What in your mind is "minimal measures at gun control." There seems to be a discrepancy from the left and right on what that means. I want to know what you include in that phrase.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Kukulkan wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:57 am
K Graham wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:44 am

I am not asking to attempt a 'gotcha' or anything like that, rather, I am legitimately curious. What in your mind is "minimal measures at gun control." There seems to be a discrepancy from the left and right on what that means. I want to know what you include in that phrase.
Removing the loopholes making existing laws worthless. Google the Charleston Loophole for an example. Preventing people from buying any kind of gun they want off the internet or gun shows. Require background checks. That's minimal stuff. Next level stuff would be a ban on assault-style weapons or high-capacity magazines, etc. You know, like the ban that took place when Ronald Reagan said people have no business owning assault rifles, and conservative Justice Scalia said Americans do NOT have a personal right to own any kind of gun they want; it can be regulated by the Federal government. I would also make it illegal for convicted felons to own guns.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

K Graham wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:06 am
Removing the loopholes making existing laws worthless. Google the Charleston Loophole for an example. Preventing people from buying any kind of gun they want off the internet or gun shows. Require background checks. That's minimal stuff. Next level stuff would be a ban on assault-style weapons or high-capacity magazines, etc. You know, like the ban that took place when Ronald Reagan said people have no business owning assault rifles. I would also make it illegal for convicted felons to own guns.
I appreciate your answer. I also find it frustrating to see many on the right refuse to give any ground on this issue. Any progress seems unattainable.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

K Graham wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:06 am
I would also make it illegal for convicted felons to own guns.
If they can't own guns then will they be able to vote more often?