News vs. Fake News - School Shootings

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: News vs. Fake News

Post by ajax18 »

Require background checks.
The vendor did a background check on Salvador Ramos. It didn't help.
I would also make it illegal for convicted felons to own guns.
It already is illegal. Isn't that why Dog the Bounty Hunter couldn't carry a firearm.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Re: News vs. Fake News - School Shootings

Post by ajax18 »

They didn't sign on to risk their lives against an armed white shooter just for a bunch of kids.
White?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Re: News vs. Fake News

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:59 pm
Require background checks.
The vendor did a background check on Salvador Ramos. It didn't help.
There was no "background" to check because he was a child. This is why it is ridiculous to allow kids to purchase guns in the first place. Roughly a quarter of all gun purchases are done without background checks. Under current law, unlicensed sellers—people who sell guns online, at gun shows, or anywhere else without a federal dealer’s license—can transfer firearms without having to run any background check whatsoever. Because of this loophole, people who are subject to domestic violence convictions or court orders, people who have been convicted of violent crimes, and people ineligible to possess firearms for mental health reasons can easily buy guns from unlicensed sellers with no background check in most states. This translates to millions of Americans acquiring millions of guns, no questions asked, each year.
It already is illegal. Isn't that why Dog the Bounty Hunter couldn't carry a firearm.
Laws vary from state to state but again, there are loopholes that allow felons to legally purchase guns. In 2018, in Appleton, WI, a man who was prohibited from purchasing a gun because he was out on bond for a firearm-related felony domestic violence case purchased a firearm from an unlicensed seller on Armslist.com without a background check. The next day he used the gun to kill his wife.

Here are a few other proposals:

- Closing loopholes in our domestic violence laws: An analysis of more than 700 mass shootings committed over the past six years revealed that nearly two-thirds were related to domestic violence. We must close the dangerous loopholes that allow individuals with domestic abuse or stalking misdemeanor convictions to purchase guns.

- Incentivizing states to pass extreme risk laws: An FBI study of the pre-attack behaviors of active shooters found that the average shooter displayed four to five observable and concerning behaviors over time. Extreme risk protection order laws empower those who know the individual in crisis best to petition the court for an order temporarily restricting their access to weapons.

- Banning large-capacity magazines: Using a large-capacity magazine, the shooter in the 2017 Las Vegas massacre was able to fire 100 rounds in just 10 seconds. Banning these dangerous accessories has been proven to make Americans safer: from 1994 to 2004, when the federal large-capacity magazine ban was in effect, mass shooting fatalities were 70% less likely to occur compared to the periods before and after the ban.

- Regulating assault weapons: After the federal assault weapons and large-capacity ammunition ban lapsed in 2004, there was a 183% increase in high-fatality mass shootings and a 239% increase in deaths from such shootings. Banning the production of new assault weapons and regulating existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act would put them in the same category as machine guns, which are rarely used in crimes.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I guess you could just tax guns so much that only rich people could afford to own them. But then if you tried to enforce the law you'd end up arresting and convicting more black people than white people and the law would be struck down as racist because it has a disparate impact on minorities.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:03 pm
I guess you could just tax guns so much that only rich people could afford to own them.
FDR and Reagan approve.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:03 pm
I guess you could just tax guns so much that only rich people could afford to own them. But then if you tried to enforce the law you'd end up arresting and convicting more black people than white people and the law would be struck down as racist because it has a disparate impact on minorities.
Spoken like a true white supremacist. Remember the time when you told me you wish all ni**ers would just die?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:08 am
They didn't sign on to risk their lives against an armed white shooter just for a bunch of kids.
White?
How many races do you think there are?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Moksha wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 1:43 am
ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:08 am

White?
How many races do you think there are?
As ajax has repeatedly said in the past, the only race that matters is the master race of the Aryan nation.