Huh. GOP voter fraud. That’s weird. -_-

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Huh. GOP voter fraud. That’s weird. -_-

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Keep_Track/com ... submitted/
Michigan signature fraud
The Michigan Bureau of Elections recommended disqualifying half of the Republican candidates for the gubernatorial nomination in Michigan after their campaigns filed thousands of fraudulent signatures. In total, the Bureau identified at least 68,000 invalid signatures submitted by 36 petition circulators.

The five candidates without enough valid signatures include the two leading candidates for the nomination—James Craig and Perry Johnson—as well as Michael Brown, Michael Markey Jr., and Donna Brandenburg.

Craig’s campaign submitted 11,113 invalid signatures and 10,192 “facially valid” signatures, far below the 15,000 threshold to be added to the ballot. Johnson’s campaign is 1,200 signatures short, with 13,800 “facially valid” signatures and 9,393 invalid signatures.

The other, lesser-known candidates submitted even more invalid signatures: 17,374 out of 21,804 signatures on Markey’s petitions, 13,809 out of 20,900 signatures on Brown’s petition, and 11,144 out of 17,778 signatures on Brandenburg’s petition were judged invalid.

The Bureau is unaware of another election cycle in which this many circulators submitted such a substantial volume of fraudulent petition sheets consisting of invalid signatures, nor an instance in which it affected as many candidate petitions as at present,” the report says.
Two Pennsylvania GOP staffers were fired after the Philadelphia City Commissioners Office uncovered a ballot harvesting scheme in the far south of the city.

Officials found that one out of every six Republican ballot requests in the 26th Ward were being delivered to a P.O. box owned by a Republican PAC called the Republican Registration Coalition. According to The Philadelphia Inquirer, the P.O. box was “the largest single destination for ballots in the city other than nursing homes or elections offices.”

Furthermore, many voters were not aware the PAC was receiving their mail ballots. Billy Lanzilotti, a 23-year-old GOP operative and chairman of the Republican Registration Coalition, claimed he was having voters’ ballots delivered to his P.O. box out of “convenience to the voter.” Only one of the voters whose ballots were collected by the Republican Registration Coalition had actually received their ballot.
I’m starting to wonder if all this talk about Dems stealing elections, harvesting votes, and collecting fraudulent signatures was just projection. Weird.

Odd.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Re: Huh. GOP voter fraud. That’s weird. -_-

Post by Gadianton »

I'd say it's less projection, and more a calculated plan.

https://golf.com/lifestyle/celebrities/ ... ger-woods/
Some Schmo
God

Re: Huh. GOP voter fraud. That’s weird. -_-

Post by Some Schmo »

The best way I can think of to explain the difference between the way the GOP used to argue compared to the way they "argue" today is a sports analogy:

1972 GOP sports argument: "That was clearly pass interference. The DB was all over him!"

2022 GOP sports "argument": "The Detroit Lions are the best team in history because they have won every Super Bowl since 1990!"
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.