Adios Folks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Adios Folks

Post by doubtingthomas »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:42 pm
Here is something we can agree on. And, damn, I can be a real asshole.
Me too. Hey! Something else we have in common. :D
Next morning

Last edited by doubtingthomas on Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:17 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:42 pm
Here is something we can agree on. And, damn, I can be a real asshole.
Me too. Hey! Something else we have in common. :D
You are so tone-deaf. :roll:

Now go to bed, the adults want to talk.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I'm with those who hope we haven't seen the last of Kevin. I greatly appreciated his insight, his honesty and his passion, and I think he was far more often right than wrong, even if he may have gone a bit overboard with the name-calling at times. I fully understand the anger he expressed to certain of the trolls who infested and tried to destroy this forum.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Father Francis wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:11 pm
MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:23 am
If you got your high school yearbook signed in the 1960's, sooner or later someone would write:

Have a bitchin' summer!

It meant cool, as in, that's a bitchin' shirt. It was a unisex adjective. Not to be confused with bitching, which we all know means complaining, and is also unisex.

Very versatile word.

Like a Bitchin Camero?

https://youtu.be/1v3CzvQ9e_w
Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfrQ8ZutmLE

Zoo, but not fierce creatures. :mrgreen: dbnp
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

High Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:58 am
Father Francis wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:11 pm
Like a Bitchin Camero?

https://youtu.be/1v3CzvQ9e_w
Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfrQ8ZutmLE

Zoo, but not fierce creatures. :mrgreen: dbnp
Cousin Earl is my favorite song on that album.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

K Graham wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 10:14 pm
Ajax, the world is going to be such a better place when you're gone. Go Phck urself.
I greatly appreciate his insights, honesty, and passion too. A great loss to the board indeed. Wondering how this community is going to manage without these types of open and blatant death wishes of other board members.

Maybe when certain board members of this community die, we could have a fabulous celebration?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

ceeboo wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:44 am
K Graham wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 10:14 pm
Ajax, the world is going to be such a better place when you're gone. Go Phck urself.
I greatly appreciate his insights, honesty, and passion too. A great loss to the board indeed. Wondering how this community is going to manage without these types of open and blatant death wishes of other board members.

Maybe when certain board members of this community die, we could have a fabulous celebration?
I didn't make it to the end of that lengthy diatribe, so i missed that! Good catch.

Of course, you reported the post for wishing death, like others have done, right?
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hey Marcus
Marcus wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:09 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:44 am

Of course, you reported the post for wishing death, like others have done, right?
No - I didn't report the post (Never have reported a post) but given the thread, I think the suggestion to report said post, in this case, is rather silly. There has been several lengthy moderator replies directly to the OP (many of the replies have been in mod mode (red)) so I'm pretty sure the need to "report" was/is entirely unnecessary.

by the way - I may be visiting your neck if the woods in early August - If this pans out, I will be sure to send you a PM with the details - perhaps we can break bread and meet in real life.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

ceeboo wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:35 pm

No - I didn't report the post (Never have reported a post) but given the thread, I think the suggestion to report said post, in this case, is rather silly.
Not according to the mods. They've requested many times that people use the reporting feature if they have an issue with a post.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:43 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:35 pm

No - I didn't report the post (Never have reported a post) but given the thread, I think the suggestion to report said post, in this case, is rather silly.
Not according to the mods. They've requested many times that people use the reporting feature if they have an issue with a post.
True. We ask people to report for two reasons. First, it helps us do our job better. Second, reliance on self help tends to derail the thread and often turns it into a pie fight. We want to do our job in a way that facilitates discussion and communication.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.