Adios Folks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Adios Folks

Post by ajax18 »

Anyway, I do not want Kevin to leave permanently.
He'll be back under another sock puppet and just as with previous sock puppets it will be impossible for him to hide his identity. He can't stop coming back to this place anymore than he is capable of engaging in a substantive insult free discussion.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:06 pm
I remember you saying, "Don't think you're going be a hero," on the old board. You went on to say that this was why you don't own firearm for protection and that you believe other people should have that right either. And no I can't find the actual quote because it was at least 5 years ago. So let's clear up your view on it. Do you believe private citizens should be allowed to own guns to protect themselves from criminals or not Kevin?

"Don't think you're going be a hero," Has nothing to do with, “Do you believe private citizens should be allowed to own guns to protect themselves from criminals or not?”

With a setup like yours, maybe you should ask yourself if you’d be willing to be ‘that hero’.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:04 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:06 pm
I remember you saying, "Don't think you're going be a hero," on the old board. You went on to say that this was why you don't own firearm for protection and that you believe other people should have that right either. And no I can't find the actual quote because it was at least 5 years ago. So let's clear up your view on it. Do you believe private citizens should be allowed to own guns to protect themselves from criminals or not Kevin?

"Don't think you're going be a hero," Has nothing to do with, “Do you believe private citizens should be allowed to own guns to protect themselves from criminals or not?”

With a setup like yours, maybe you should ask yourself if you’d be willing to be ‘that hero’.
I wish I could get the exact quote. It had everything to do with whether or not private citizens or even police officers for that matter had the right to own a firearm to have a hope of not being mowed down by criminals who will always have guns whether they are legal or not.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:16 am
canpakes wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:04 pm

I wish I could get the exact quote. It had everything to do with whether or not private citizens or even police officers for that matter had the right to own a firearm to have a hope of not being mowed down by criminals who will always have guns whether they are legal or not.

If it exists on the old board, it can be tracked down.

If you own firearms, are you willing to be ‘that hero’?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

<moved to another thread>
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I'd call it the right to defend oneself and even more importantly my kids. There's nothing heroic in that. It's just what a father does and what a criminal should expect.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:04 am
I'd call it the right to defend oneself and even more importantly my kids. There's nothing heroic in that. It's just what a father does and what a criminal should expect.

Are you trying to say that you would have rushed the shooter at Uvalde, or are willing to do that in a similar situation?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Are you trying to say that you would have rushed the shooter at Uvalde, or are willing to do that in a similar situation?
I would have rushed the shooter in Uvalde if my daughter were in there. I'd certainly brandish my weapon if someone breaks into my house and if I had to shoot him in order to protect myself and my family I would. The mere fact that citizens are allowed to own guns makes the chance of that much more unlikely than if all guns were confiscated and those looking for some easy money knew their would be victims were defenseless.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:02 pm
I would have rushed the shooter in Uvalde if my daughter were in there. I'd certainly brandish my weapon if someone breaks into my house and if I had to shoot him in order to protect myself and my family I would. The mere fact that citizens are allowed to own guns makes the chance of that much more unlikely than if all guns were confiscated and those looking for some easy money knew their would be victims were defenseless.
Ah, now the typical GQP’er Conservative mindset manifests. My daughter? I’ll play the hero. Your daughter? You can get screwed.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:02 pm
An obvious comment here:

1 Kings 20:11
And the king of Israel answered and said, Tell him, Let not him that girdeth on his harness [i.e. armor] boast himself as he that putteth it off.
It is easy to boast of what one would do in a life-threatening emergency whether for others or for oneself. However, none of us really knows what we would do if the bullets are flying and the blood is flowing until we have done it (or not done it).
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.