Adios Folks

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Adios Folks

Post by ajax18 »

It is easy to boast of what one would do in a life-threatening emergency whether for others or for oneself. However, none of us really knows what we would do if the bullets are flying and the blood is flowing until we have done it (or not done it).
I know I'd rather be armed if and and when that time comes.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:24 pm
It is easy to boast of what one would do in a life-threatening emergency whether for others or for oneself. However, none of us really knows what we would do if the bullets are flying and the blood is flowing until we have done it (or not done it).
Then why aren’t you CCW’d and strapping 24/7?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:02 pm
Are you trying to say that you would have rushed the shooter at Uvalde, or are willing to do that in a similar situation?
I would have rushed the shooter in Uvalde if my daughter were in there. I'd certainly brandish my weapon if someone breaks into my house and if I had to shoot him in order to protect myself and my family I would. The mere fact that citizens are allowed to own guns makes the chance of that much more unlikely than if all guns were confiscated and those looking for some easy money knew their would be victims were defenseless.
NO ONE is talking about taking away ALL guns. Good Gawd why this is so stupidly misunderstood is beyond me. It is the ASSAULT STYLE GUNS (MILITARY) that is being said to be the problem). You can have 564,376,345,233 guns if you want to. It is the ASSAULT GUNS, not ******ALL GUNS"""""""""" Dayyum the deliberate stupid misinterpretation has just GOT TO STOP or vastly more innocent children will get slaughtered in this country. NO ONE IS COMING TO TAKE ALL OUR GUNS. WE GET TO KEEP ALL OUR GUNS unless they are the ones DESIGNED TO KILL IN MILITARY FASHION - THE ASSAULT GUNS.
They are taking OUR MONEY VASTLY MORE THAN OUR GUNS. OUR MONEY IS IN FAR GREATER DANGER. WE GET TO OWN GUNS. I HAVE SEVERAL THAT NO ONE HAS THREATENED TO TAKE AWAY, BOTH rifle and pistol. NO ONE IS TAKING THEM FROM US.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:24 pm
And if you have the intelligence to purchase 44 magnums, 38's, 9mm's, 30.06's, 270's, 7 mm's, YOU WILL BE. NO ONE IS TAKING AWAY ALL OF OUR GUNS. It is the ASSAULT RIFLES DELIBERATELY MANUFACTURED TO KILL PEOPLE IN WAR THEY ARE TRYING TO LIMIT, NOT ALL OF OUR GUNS.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:35 pm
ajax18 wrote:
I would have rushed the shooter in Uvalde if my daughter were in there. I'd certainly brandish my weapon if someone breaks into my house and if I had to shoot him in order to protect myself and my family I would.
Ah, now the typical GQP’er Conservative mindset manifests. My daughter? I’ll play the hero. Your daughter? You can get screwed.

But, it’s understandable. Ordinary folks might be more inclined to make seemingly irrational choices that put their own lives in danger when the safety of their own family is on the line, as compared to sacrificing themselves for strangers.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:35 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:35 pm

Ah, now the typical GQP’er Conservative mindset manifests. My daughter? I’ll play the hero. Your daughter? You can get screwed.

But, it’s understandable. Ordinary folks might be more inclined to make seemingly irrational choices that put their own lives in danger when the safety of their own family is on the line, as compared to sacrificing themselves for strangers.
Gun Nuts > create problem

Gun Nuts > I might use my gun if it were my kid

Kids > #deadintheclassroom #smearbloodonmyfacetoappeardead

Cops > We’d intervene, but we might get shot. Glad to see one of our own get his kid out, though.

-_-

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:49 pm
canpakes wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:35 pm
Gun Nuts > create problem

Gun Nuts > I might use my gun if it were my kid

Kids > #deadintheclassroom #smearbloodonmyfacetoappeardead

Cops > We’d intervene, but we might get shot. Glad to see one of our own get his kid out, though.

-_-

- Doc

And that speaks to the problem of the ‘hero with a gun’ defense … especially when that imagined hero needs people to have already died to fulfill his/her savior role. I.e., the problem of weapons being available to folks who shouldn’t have them but do, and have used them to kill others, isn’t helped any by the claim that firearms everywhere for everyone will save us via ‘good guy heroes’. It’s too late for that at that point.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Yet, you aren't armed.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:10 pm
Yet, you aren't armed.
Still waiting on Ajax18 to explain why he’s not a CCW strapping 24/7. You know. Just in case.

- Doc
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Are you trying to say that you would have rushed the shooter at Uvalde, or are willing to do that in a similar situation?
I would have rushed the shooter in Uvalde if my daughter were in there. I'd certainly brandish my weapon if someone breaks into my house and if I had to shoot him in order to protect myself and my family I would. The mere fact that citizens are allowed to own guns makes the chance of that much more unlikely than if all guns were confiscated and those looking for some easy money knew their would be victims were defenseless.

In an interview with “Today,” Albarado said that he saw officers waiting outside of the classroom where the gunman was located. While Albarado said that he initially thought of helping them breach the classroom, he decided against it.

Asked if he saw police poised outside the door where the gunman was, Albarado said he did.

At one point, I was there at the door fixing to go in, but once again I didn’t have any of my gear. It wouldn’t have been a smart move for me. All those guys had their gear and stuff so like I said, I pulled back.”