Sussman Acquitted

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Sussman Acquitted

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:13 am
It’s perhaps useful to remind the gentle reader that Conservatives, well, Right-wing Trumpers have all gotten on the same page that 'it was a fake scandal that has been thoroughly disproven' … but that's not true at all.

The fears about 'Putin backing the Trump campaign in order to divide America' were absolutely confirmed, including by the Senate Intelligence Committee while it was controlled by a Republican majority - source: Senate panel finds Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election -- PBS

...and The Mueller Report didn't 'disprove election interference' either; it said:
The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.
... and Trump did meet with "...Sergey Kislyak...considered by US intelligence to be one of Russia’s top spies and spy-recruiters..." in the Oval Office, and gave him intelligence that the Russian government was not supposed to have. source: Trump 'shared classified information with Russia' -- BBC

So...how are we supposed to take anything that they say about "Russiagate" seriously? A lot of people went to jail over Russiagate. The government recouped millions in ill-gotten gains. It was the most successful special prosecutor investigation in the history of the program. And Mueller charged a lot of Russians, I think, 2 ~26.

I mean, I could judt go on and on, but it’s pointless. The carnival barkers will keep barking like trained seals, “ARF ARF! BIG LIE ARF! ARF ARF! RUSSIAGATE WAS A HOAX! ARF!”

- Doc
Thanks for the reminder, Doc. I agree that there is more than adequate evidence that Russia tried mightily to influence our elections, whether Trump actively solicited or colluded in that influence or not. I understand that Putin and other Russians were both surprised and delighted with how well their efforts succeeded. Mueller himself concluded that they not only did but are probably still doing so.

Let's not delude ourselves that Trump did not greatly welcome that interference on his behalf.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I wish a Special Prosecutor would go after the Justice Department for its failure to indict Trump.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 8:54 pm
I doubt there will be any draining of the swamp or anything close to a politically neutral rule of law as long as 99.9% of Washington D.C. is filled with hard core liberal Democrats.

Not quite.

Washington DC Results:
2012 Romney - 7.3%
2016 Trump -- 4.1%
2020 Trump -- 5.4%
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Brack wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:20 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 8:54 pm
I doubt there will be any draining of the swamp or anything close to a politically neutral rule of law as long as 99.9% of Washington D.C. is filled with hard core liberal Democrats.

Not quite.

Washington DC Results:
2012 Romney - 7.3%
2016 Trump -- 4.1%
2020 Trump -- 5.4%
Well you're right on that. But it's a pretty lopsided jury pool. There's no equal justice under the law for anyone right of center in that town.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Well you're right on that. But it's a pretty lopsided jury pool. There's no equal justice under the law for anyone right of center in that town.
Practically everyone in that town is right of center, including the Democrats!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow