Pelosi's husband arrested for DUI in Napa County

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Pelosi's husband arrested for DUI in Napa County

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:34 am
If her husband is found guilty, I don't think anyone here is going to deny that he (perhaps more than most) deserves serious legal consequences for what he did. I do not believe, however, that this necessarily reflects poorly on Nancy Pelosi, or that she should be held to account for what her husband did. Whatever faults she has (and I don't deny she leaves something to be desired), she is not nearly the incorrigible, dishonest and incompetent coward that her predecessor as Speaker of the House was and still is.
That reminds me Gunnar, don't you lose a years salary for DUI in Norway. Not that this a much worse than what normal people in the US get when it's all added up.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Re: Pelosi's husband arrested for DUI in Napa County

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:25 am
That reminds me Gunnar, don't you lose a years salary for DUI in Norway. Not that this a much worse than what normal people in the US get when it's all added up.
I haven't looked that up recently, but you are probably right about that. Finland, I understand, is similarly tough on DUI's. I read a long time ago that first offense for DUI was at least a year or so of hard labor in prison. No exceptions! I read that at least once, a very prominent member of the Finish National Parliament convicted of DUI was unable to escape or buy his way out of that fate.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.