Pelosi's husband arrested for DUI in Napa County

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Pelosi's husband arrested for DUI in Napa County

Post by ajax18 »

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) husband, Paul Pelosi, was reportedly arrested and booked over the holiday weekend in Napa County, California, after driving under the influence.

The speaker’s husband was arrested just before midnight Saturday (11:44 p.m.) in Napa County and booked into jail hours later — just after four o’clock in the morning — on two counts, according to the Napa County Criminal Justice Network.

According to the arrest records, the two misdemeanors he was arrested for were:

(a) It is unlawful for a person who is under the influence of any alcoholic beverage to drive a vehicle.

(b) It is unlawful for a person who has 0.08 percent or more, by weight, of alcohol in his or her blood to drive a vehicle.

The exact details of the arrest have yet to be released, as well as the mugshot of the person arrested, a “Paul Pelosi.” However, as TMZ also reported, the description of the 82-year-old aligns with his publicly known description, particularly his birthday — April 15, 1940.

The bail was set at $5,000.

Paul Pelosi was released at 7:26 a.m., according to the Napa County Criminal Justice Network.

Napa County Criminal Justice Network

There has yet to be any official statement from the speaker, herself, or any of her children and immediate family at this time.

When the Speaker’s office was asked for a comment by Breitbart News, her spokesperson, Drew Hammill, said: “The Speaker will not be commenting on this private matter which occurred while she was on the East Coast.”

Nancy Pelosi’s official taxpayer-funded office live-streamed her “Commencement Oration to 2022 graduates” as she also received an honorary doctorate degree from Brown University.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2022/05 ... pa-valley/
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Re: Pelosi's husband arrested for DUI in Napa County

Post by Morley »

Ajax, thanks, as always, for keeping us all updated on what Breitbart's saying.

What was it you wanted to say about the story?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Morley wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:29 pm
Ajax, thanks, as always, for keeping us all updated on what Breitbart's saying.

What was it you wanted to say about the story?
Do you think he'll serve any jail time?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:22 pm
The article states he was booked into jail.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 6:22 pm
Most first time DUIs don't get a jail sentence unless there are aggravating factors. Most likely will be put on probation.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I periodically represent those accused of dui in Nevada. I was in court today resolving a case where my client agreed to no jail time, a fine, dui school, victim impact panel, and a 6 month suspended sentence as long as my client stays out of trouble for one year. Usually the accused are released on their own recognizance (no bail required) from jail after a mandatory 12 hour hold, at least, depending on what the BAC is (held to allow the alcohol to leave the system). The $5,000.00 bail seems high as he isn't a flight risk, but I don't practice in California and OR release might be less of a possibility there than in Las Vegas. Also, the bail might have been set high because he is a celebrity of sorts and local prosecutors/judges don't want to be accused of favoritism in the initial stages.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

This was what I saw for California on google,

For a first-offense DUI in California, consequences for conviction generally include three years of informal probation, fines of $390 plus “penalty assessments” (totally approximately $2000, and completing a first offender alcohol program that consists of a 30-hour class, at a cost of about $500.

This is the law in Tennessee. They spelled it out a lot more specifically.

1st Time DUI Offender
.08 (BAC) [55-10-401] [55-10-403]
48 hours up to 11 months, 29 days for offenders in violation of 55-10-401
.20 BAC or greater minimum jail time 7 consecutive days
License revocation for 1 year - Restricted License available
You will be ordered to participate in an alcohol and drug treatment program
Pay restitution to any person suffering physical injury or personal loss
$350-$1,500 fine
With towing, bail, attorney, high risk insurance, court costs, school, and reinstatement fees, your first offense average costs could add up to $4,900
Ignition Interlock Device installed at your expense. Minimum first year costs could exceed $1,000.00
If two (2) convictions of DUI in 5 years, Ignition Interlock Device required for 6 months after reinstatement at your expense
Drug and Alcohol Treatment may be required at the judge's discretion

I guess any first time DUI could get 11 months in jail. Perhaps this only applies to people who don't hire a lawyer.
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 8:50 pm
This was what I saw for California on google,

For a first-offense DUI in California, consequences for conviction generally include three years of informal probation, fines of $390 plus “penalty assessments” (totally approximately $2000, and completing a first offender alcohol program that consists of a 30-hour class, at a cost of about $500.
If he gets less than this, maybe Breitbart will do an update and you can post it.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

If her husband is found guilty, I don't think anyone here is going to deny that he (perhaps more than most) deserves serious legal consequences for what he did. I do not believe, however, that this necessarily reflects poorly on Nancy Pelosi, or that she should be held to account for what her husband did. Whatever faults she has (and I don't deny she leaves something to be desired), she is not nearly the incorrigible, dishonest and incompetent coward that her predecessor as Speaker of the House was and still is.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

He committed a crime, it looks like, and should be punished accordingly. He'll have really good counsel and should get a decent deal with no jail time. This story will disappear into the night like so many others.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.