Brits hold a super spreader event

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Brits hold a super spreader event

Post by Jersey Girl »

And what an event! I'm enamored of England almost as much as I am Scotland. I admire the Queen*. She's an amazing combination of beauty, strength, and endurance. CNN has this nice scroll through of images from Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee. The first of it's kind in history! Have not had time yet to catch up on video's from the day but hopefully will soon. Love the fighter jets in formation, the colorful celebration in the streets, the smiles, and Prince Louis on the balcony! How I wish I were there!

Scroll: https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/02/uk/galle ... index.html

God save the Queen!

* I drive around with this on my vehicle. Not lying. It was a gift. A certain someone who sits in the seat beside it is in charge of issuing the royal wave as we go places together. ;-)

We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kukulkan
High Priest

Re: Brits hold a super spreader event

Post by Kukulkan »

Rumor has it that the Queen holds these events because it is easier to sap the people of their lifeforce when they are all bunched together rather than spread out. No wonder she has lived for so long. :lol:
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh Elizabeth! I puffy heart you!

Paddington Bear joins the Queen for afternoon tea at Buckingham Palace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZRP70zMHgo
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Here's a throwback one! The Queen is such a good sport! We love her like honey dripping into our china tea cup!

James Bond and The Queen London 2012 Performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AS-dCdYZbo

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Queen congratulates Australians of the Year via video call
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yIn36ANPfc

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Whoa. The expression on her face looks downright demonic.

(Plus, all that money and she still can't afford an orthodontist?)
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:01 pm
Newsflash: not everybody in the world feels that their life is ruined if their teeth are not as absolutely uniform and perfectly aligned as the US orthodontic industry has succeeded in conditioning many Americans to feel is an essential condition for not being laughed at in the street.

She could pay to have platinum teeth with flashing lights if she wanted to. If she does not look like your orthodontist would like her to feel she ought to pay to look, that's because she simply can't give a damn about such trivia.

By the way, or the avoidance of doubt, I am not much of a fan of the royal family as an institution. I would be happy to do without them, so long as I don't risk ending up with someone like Trump in their place. This is just a post about what may be called cosmetic culture, and its arbitrary nature.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Chap wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:32 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Newsflash: not everybody in the world feels that their life is ruined if their teeth are not as absolutely uniform and perfectly aligned as the US orthodontic industry has succeeded in conditioning many Americans to feel is an essential condition for not being laughed at in the street.
In American culture, there is sometimes a disturbingly thin line between "virtue" and "expensive vanity." (I say that as an American who never had his teeth straightened, so feel free to interpret my sentiment as jealousy.)
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:

Whoa. The expression on her face looks downright demonic.

What an immature, unkind, and trollish thing to say.

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:27 pm
What an immature, unkind, and trollish thing to say.
Am I right or am I wrong?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024