PSA: Facebook final arrangements

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

PSA: Facebook final arrangements

Post by Jersey Girl »

Not joking! I was looking for a specific setting on my Facebook account and happened to see this. Was it there the whole time? I don't know. So apparently you can make final arrangements for your Facebook in the event of your death by croaking. :shock:
Memorialization settings

Your legacy contact

Choose someone to look after your account after you pass away. They'll be able to:
Manage tribute posts on your profile, which includes deciding who can post and who can see posts, deleting posts, and removing tags

Request the removal of your account

Respond to new friend requests

Update your profile picture and cover photo

Your legacy contact can only manage posts made after you've passed away. They won't be able to post as you or see your messages. Learn more

Choose a friend
Add

We'll let your legacy contact know that you chose them. They won't be notified again until your account is memorialized.
If you don't want a Facebook account after you pass away, you can request to have your account permanently deleted instead of choosing a legacy contact.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!