Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jeff
Sunbeam

Re: Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

Post by Jeff »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:54 am
Hey Jeff, where do you find all this goofy stuff to post?

This guy sends it to me.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:02 pm
Why does Ajax hate American energy companies so much? They’re making record profits. Gas stations are packed. Grocers are making record profits. Trump did this. We’re still feeling the effects of his economic policies, so why isn’t Ajax celebrating American markets and their success?

- Doc
Again, why did oil companies and grocery stores all the sudden become greedy when Biden took office? I guess I'm not surprised to see you in denial. I wish I were wrong about what the consequences of the 2020 election would be. Sadly I was right.

These are the results of your vote, not mine.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:41 am
Again, why did oil companies and grocery stores all the sudden become greedy when Biden took office?
What about oil company stock holders? Do you think they're raking in bucks right now?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
UltraMaga
Nursery

Post by UltraMaga »

Jeff wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:37 am
huckelberry wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:54 am
Hey Jeff, where do you find all this goofy stuff to post?

This guy sends it to me.
Hello Jeff. I tried to PM you but it didn't go through. I was curious where you get your memes from.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:02 pm
Why does Ajax hate American energy companies so much? They’re making record profits. Gas stations are packed. Grocers are making record profits. Trump did this. We’re still feeling the effects of his economic policies, so why isn’t Ajax celebrating American markets and their success?

- Doc
Again, why did oil companies and grocery stores all the sudden become greedy when Biden took office? I guess I'm not surprised to see you in denial. I wish I were wrong about what the consequences of the 2020 election would be. Sadly I was right.

Why is gas $9 in Canada now?
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:41 am
ajax18 wrote:

Why is gas $9 in Canada now?
Because of Biden's war on fossil fuels. Or something like that.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:

Doc, Canpakes, Honorentheos et al are so right. You don't read for comprehension of anything we write that casts legitimate doubt on what you are already determined to believe. Every time someone accuses you of not having read or understood something you don't like or that proves you wrong, you almost immediately come right back and inadvertently prove them right! And you are too lost in your own bigoted little world to realize it! Sometimes I think your perception of how things really are and how the world really works are about on a par with that of our pet cat, Rosie, and she died years ago!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:20 am
ajax18 wrote:
Again, why did oil companies and grocery stores all the sudden become greedy when Biden took office?
Doc, Canpakes, Honorentheos et al are so right. You don't read for comprehension of anything we write that casts legitimate doubt on what you are already determined to believe. Every time someone accuses you of not having read or understood something you don't like or that proves you wrong, you almost immediately come right back and inadvertently prove them right!

I actually would love for ajax to present any argument that would allow his statements to make sense. I’ll be happy to see it happen here. And this isn’t a ‘gotcha’ kind of thing; it’s a legit question posed to someone who wants everyone to believe that Joe Biden is making gasoline more expensive all over the world. Surely, there must be something to offer that backs that up.

What do you say, ajax? How did Biden make the cost of gasoline increase worldwide?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:09 am
What do you say, ajax? How did Biden make the cost of gasoline increase worldwide?
Do you honestly think there is a chance in hell that ajax really cares about whether or not Biden had anything to do with that? If there were a sudden, precipitous drop in gasoline prices, Biden is the last person in the world ajax would give credit to for the drop -- no matter how credible the evidence that he helped bring it about. Ajax would just find some other real or imagined ill for which he would blame Biden or Democrats.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:28 am
Do you honestly think there is a chance in hell that ajax really cares about whether or not Biden had anything to do with that?

Maybe. Maybe not. ; )

But, someone doing so would be acting solely as a tool. I think that folks should have many chances to prove otherwise. So here we are.

When you’re ready, ajax.