Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

Post by huckelberry »

Chap wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:09 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:47 pm
Oh, and Hawkeye is a grandfathered sock.
So Hawkeye is Ajax? Why does he bother with this silly dressing-up?
not sure how I got tangled into this, I do not remember Hawkeye other than as a reference to Mash.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:38 pm
Chap wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:09 pm

So Hawkeye is Ajax? Why does he bother with this silly dressing-up?
not sure how I got tangled into this, I do not remember Hawkeye other than as a reference to Mash.
That's.....weird.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

For perspective, here's a long-term look at U.S. gas prices in inflation-adjusted dollars:

I don't know how things work nationally, but in my neck of the woods, gas prices increase during May each year like clockwork, and then decline starting in September.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Colorado remains under 5$ per gallon. Same thing with Florida when I was there in late April. Both states were below 5$ at the time. I want to say I paid $4.89 about a week or so ago.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:47 pm
Colorado remains under 5$ per gallon. Same thing with Florida when I was there in late April. Both states were below 5$ at the time. I want to say I paid $4.89 about a week or so ago.
Why would gas be cheaper in Florida than in California?
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:02 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Why would the average gas price go up a $1.30 from a year ago?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Hawkeye wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
If only there were a source of information we all had at our fingertips to find answers to questions like that:

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/gas ... rences.php

TL/DR Florida is located on the Gulf Coast, where much of the gasoline refining takes place. California has its own requirements for gasolines. It has limited refining capacity to produce its gasoline, and it's relatively expensive to import it from other states.

Washington state will always have relatively expensive gasoline because it has to be shipped a long way to get here. In fact, you'll see the same thing throughout the Western states.

https://gasprices.aaa.com
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hawkeye wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
How on earth would I know? Here's a list of average prices per gal in each state. This is from AAA. Updated daily looks like.

https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages/

Here's the nat'l average today.
$4.919
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Curse you RI! You posted from the same website! :lol:

I was gonna say it might be due to transportation costs but I don't know where all the pipelines and refineries are out West. I do know the pipelines generate their own transportation costs. Thanks for the added information even though you stole my link. :lol:

Slava Ukraini!