Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:36 pm
Curse you RI! You posted from the same website! :lol:

I was gonna say it might be due to transportation costs but I don't know where all the pipelines and refineries are out West. I do know the pipelines generate their own transportation costs. Thanks for the added information even though you stole my link. :lol:
It's my superpower. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, it's a combination of transportation costs and state taxes. You might remember that there are three oil refineries near Anacortes, Washington. They refine crude from Canada and North Dakota via pipeline and rail. One of them, I think, also refined some Russian oil. It's delivered mainly by pipeline and ship.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

The current cost of gas in Germany is equivalent to about $7.85/gallon. That's about 20% higher than the average of recent years.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Physics Guy wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:58 pm
The current cost of gas in Germany is equivalent to about $7.85/gallon. That's about 20% higher than the average of recent years.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:47 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:09 pm
We recently and reluctantly gave up on a larger car that we originally acquired because it was extremely useful, versatile, and could tow various things. We are past most of that stage so it wasn’t prudent to keep the vehicle. In the tri-state area gas is over $5 a gallon.
checking wikapedia they list 24 different tristate areas. That preserves a bit of privacy for your comment.
yes. :D Northern part of the Eastern seaboard.
Jeff
Sunbeam

Post by Jeff »

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jeff wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:49 pm

Whoever is stupid enough to buy that sign probably shouldn’t be driving in the first place.
Jeff
Sunbeam

Post by Jeff »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:32 am
Jeff wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:49 pm

Whoever is stupid enough to buy that sign probably shouldn’t be driving in the first place.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:21 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:32 am

What a thoughtfully expressed understanding of the mechanisms involved in market pricing of gasoline. The elegance astounds.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:23 pm
What a thoughtfully expressed understanding of the mechanisms involved in market pricing of gasoline. The elegance astounds.

And bad photoshopping. : D
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

In case any troll-cons want to take a moment and read the White House’s comments on gas prices and what the facts are:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... -the-pump/

To wit:
The fact is that there is nothing standing in the way of domestic oil production. The United States is already approaching record levels of oil and natural gas production. There are oil companies that are doing the right thing and committing to ramp up production now. Right now, domestic production is expected to increase by 1 million barrels per day this year and nearly 700,000 barrels per day next year.

Still, too many companies aren’t doing their part and are choosing to make extraordinary profits and without making additional investment to help with supply. One CEO even acknowledged that, even if the price goes to $200 a barrel, they’re not going to step up production.

Right now, the oil and gas industry is sitting on more than 12 million acres of non-producing Federal land with 9,000 unused but already-approved permits for production. Today, President Biden is calling on Congress to make companies pay fees on wells from their leases that they haven’t used in years and on acres of public lands that they are hoarding without producing.
Tl:dr - American companies 100% behind gas prices increasing

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.