Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Gas goes to $9.45/gallon in Mendecino, CA

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:18 pm
In case any troll-cons want to take a moment and read the White House’s comments on gas prices and what the facts are:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... -the-pump/

To whit:
The fact is that there is nothing standing in the way of domestic oil production. The United States is already approaching record levels of oil and natural gas production. There are oil companies that are doing the right thing and committing to ramp up production now. Right now, domestic production is expected to increase by 1 million barrels per day this year and nearly 700,000 barrels per day next year.

Still, too many companies aren’t doing their part and are choosing to make extraordinary profits and without making additional investment to help with supply. One CEO even acknowledged that, even if the price goes to $200 a barrel, they’re not going to step up production.

Right now, the oil and gas industry is sitting on more than 12 million acres of non-producing Federal land with 9,000 unused but already-approved permits for production. Today, President Biden is calling on Congress to make companies pay fees on wells from their leases that they haven’t used in years and on acres of public lands that they are hoarding without producing.
Tl:dr - American companies 100% behind gas prices increasing

- Doc
Why didn't these grocery stores, landlords, and oil companies demonstrate the same greed when Trump was president?

How's this inflation thing working out for your retirement account Doc? #Justtaxtherich

But never fear, Biden plans to print yet more money and dole out more stimulus/welfare checks in a futile effort to keep votes. That's right print more money in response to inflation. We're headed for an ecomomic crash. I hope you took your money out of the stock market and invested in precious metals.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:05 pm
Why didn't these grocery stores, landlords, and oil companies demonstrate the same greed when Trump was president?

Maybe markets don’t work as you imagine that they should.

Remember when the price of West Texas Crude dropped below $-0- a barrel in early 2020? Did your local gas station give you cash back when you filled up on the way to the store to try to find toilet paper? ; )

The price of a barrel of benchmark U.S. oil plunged below $0 a barrel on Monday for the first time in history, a troubling sign of an unprecedented global energy glut as the coronavirus pandemic halts travel and curbs economic activity.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/ ... ed-states/
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:18 pm
In case any troll-cons want to take a moment and read the White House’s comments on gas prices and what the facts are:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... -the-pump/

To wit:

Tl:dr - American companies 100% behind gas prices increasing

- Doc

How's this inflation thing working out for your retirement account Doc? #Justtaxtherich

But never fear, Biden plans to print yet more money and dole out more stimulus/welfare checks in a futile effort to keep votes. That's right print more money in response to inflation. We're headed for an ecomomic crash. I hope you took your money out of the stock market and invested in precious metals.
Shouldn’t Xanax be happy that American corporations are logging record profits, and the federal government is staying out of the free market? Note: he didn’t read the White House press release because of course he didn’t.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:43 pm
Shouldn’t Xanax be happy that American corporations are logging record profits, and the federal government is staying out of the free market?

Murica!

Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

ajax18 wrote:

Interesting how you only care about the national debt and money printing when the president has a D next to his name. I didn't hear a word from you and your racist-dreamsicle cultists when trump ran up nearly the same amount of debt in 4 years that obama ran up in 8 while successfully pulling us out of the great recession. Im sure adding ~8 trillion dollars to the national debt over a 4 year period has nothing to do with the inflation we are currently experiencing...:

https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

But, hey, that's par for the course with simpletons who live in welfare states, taking advantage of the money blue states pay into the fed all while snubbing their noses at states that are actually able to pay their own bills. Thanks for always proving that the "thinking" of far right cultists is completely broken and detached from reality beyond the worldview pushed by right wing propaganda. don't start thinking for yourself and please, by all means, stay scared...
Jeff
Sunbeam

Post by Jeff »

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Jeff wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:45 pm
<snip>
In thousands of barrels:

US field production of oil the last month of the Trump Presidency (January 2021): 11,056
US field production of oil for January 2022: 11,369

“Now With More Taxes”
Federal gas tax last month of Trump Presidency: 18.40 cents per gallon.
Federal gas tax currently during Biden Presidency: 18.40 cents per gallon.

Curse you BIDEN!!!!!

(Anyone else starting to get a strong Poe's Law vibe from Jeff?)
Last edited by Doctor Steuss on Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

They can’t read beyond a few sentences. This has proven true for Conservatives-who-post-here (CWPH) for quite a while now. They simply won’t read what you posted above because they don’t have the synaptic capacity to sustain that kind of effort.

… This is why CWPHs tend to default to videos and do well with memes - it’s why I post a lot of pictures, because they’re able to process them more effectively than reading words.

Reading words literally, and I mean literally, hurts their brains -tension headaches set in quicker for them than it does for others.

The only exception to CWPH behavior I’ve seen is the Conservative Skimmer. I’ve notice some CWPHs will skim a post, attempting to glean meaning or intent, rather than reading for understanding, nuance, and thoroughness. They’re a subset of CWPHs who don’t read.
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:51 pm
They can’t read beyond a few sentences. This has proven true for Conservatives-who-post-here (CWPH) for quite a while now. They simply won’t read what you posted above because they don’t have the synaptic capacity to sustain that kind of effort.

… This is why CWPHs tend to default to videos and do well with memes - it’s why I post a lot of pictures, because they’re able to process them more effectively than reading words.

Reading words literally, and I mean literally, hurts their brains -tension headaches set in quicker for them than it does for others.

The only exception to CWPH behavior I’ve seen is the Conservative Skimmer. I’ve notice some CWPHs will skim a post, attempting to glean meaning or intent, rather than reading for understanding, nuance, and thoroughness. They’re a subset of CWPHs who don’t read.
- Doc
Yes, unless we agree with you we must not have read it.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:59 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:51 pm

- Doc
Yes, unless we agree with you we must not have read it.
Who are you trying to fool? You’re the ex post facto object lesson of my observations. You’ve proven over and over again, in this thread even, that you don’t read, have linked to articles you didn’t read (and contradicted your rash claims), and only really skim the ones you do “read” like your retarded Breitbart articles. Goldfish gon’ goldfish I suppose.

- Doc