LIV Golf

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: LIV Golf

Post by Some Schmo »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:22 pm
Looks like Cam Smith is going to LIV:

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumors-swirlin ... 56279.html
And it's official. Apparently, he's had his TPC Sawgrass privileges revoked as a result.

Joaquin Niemann, Harold Varner III, Marc Leishman, Cameron Tringale and Anirban Lahiri also jumped ship. The only one I'll miss watching in that list is Niemann (although I hate seeing anyone join LIV).

I'm not sure what the attraction is supposed to be for fans. These guys aren't playing for anything except money. They aren't playing against the best players in the world, they don't get world ranking points, and winning does nothing to influence future tournaments. My guess is that these guys know they aren't the best, will never win again against the best, can get paid without putting in the work, and took the pitifully easy way out.

Joining LIV is basically admitting you're only in it for the money, that you understand you will never be considered one of the world's best and you don't give a crap.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.