Just finished watching NBC's special report on the Jan 6 commission's findings.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Just finished watching NBC's special report on the Jan 6 commission's findings.

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:57 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:54 pm
The gas stations are packed with trucks and boats today. The market has spoken!
The grocery store is crowded too.

It seems that folks like food.
Gadianton
God

Re: Just finished watching NBC's special report on the Jan 6 commission's findings.

Post by Gadianton »

It seems that folks believe all that food is worth the price, otherwise they wouldn't pay it.

It's too bad Trump started that trade war with China and that Jerome Powell covered for the losses, because that was round 1 of the story of recent inflation.

Would you like to discuss, Ajax?

Didn't think so. Go back to posting memes.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:57 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:54 pm
The gas stations are packed with trucks and boats today. The market has spoken!
The grocery store is crowded too.
Hawkeye, I gather you think we should kiss up to Putin and let Ukraine go so that our gas price do not rise.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Why do we get so easily sidetracked?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Perhaps Fox should hold call-in raffles during the Monday hearings so people will not watch. Tie it in with AM talk radio and offer free cat food coupons. That would keep the elderly aluminum-foil wearers occupied. They love their cats.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Anyone who doesn't support the failed Build Back Better inflation generzting policies is a Jan 6 rioter. So vote Democrat in 2022 and maybe inflation will become hyperinflation and gas gas in Calofornia will go from $10/ gallon to $15/gallon.

Even San Francisco residents had enough sense to vote out their pro crime DA.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:31 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:43 am
Who is stupider? Politicians like him, or the people who continue to vote for and reelect them into office?
You know, the GOP base is made up of a lot of people, so it's reasonable to assume statistically that they can't all be complete morons.

But it's impossible for me to imagine an intelligent defense of the GOP. I can only conclude that if they aren't massively stupid, ignorant and/or misinformed, they must be selfish, belligerent pricks. What other explanation is there? How does a smart person fall for blatant stupidity and B.S. over and over and over again?
I have to agree. I find it impossible to believe that any who are not "selfish, belligerent pricks" can continue to support (let alone adulate Trump, as too many still do) unless they are "massively stupid, ignorant and/or misinformed," just as you said. I don't think that is even the slightest bit hyperbolic!

Anyone who is at all familiar with the history of the rise of Nazi Germany and WWII should have immediately recognized that Trump and his henchman, Steven Miller's attempt to gain power and popularity by immediately demonizing all mainstream media as "fake news" or "the enemy of the people," and also attempting to divide Americans against each other by appealing to and amplifying latent biases by blaming all their real and imagined ills on immigrants and minorities, were directly out of Hitler and Goebbels playbook for how to deceive and gain power over their fellow Germans. I am greatly dismayed by how many Americans were as easily bamboozled by those techniques as were the German people during Hitler's rise to power.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.