Anyone know much of a Peter Zeihan, Geopolitical Strategist?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Anyone know much of a Peter Zeihan, Geopolitical Strategist?

Post by Philo Sofee »

I just watched his You Tube interview with Jack Carr and it was over the top fascinating!!! He has some very interesting views of the globalization issues facing us these days. I'm just askin if there are any fans of his around here.

Here is the You Tube interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_QvRX41Las

An hour worth your time in my opinion.
Gadianton
God

Re: Anyone know much of a Peter Zeihan, Geopolitical Strategist?

Post by Gadianton »

I discovered him after the war started. he might be the baseline. He has certain talking points that he returns to a little too often and drastically stereotypes things, like millennials vs zoomers, entertaining as it might be. But, I'd probably take his opinion as the base and then research from there.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Yeah, I watch a lot of his videos on YouTube. He's very good at explaining how the baby 'busts' of China and Russia have created rapidly aging populations. He also talks about Russian energy production and how the war in Ukraine will probably leave the old oil trading routes in the past. And anyone who has seen what is happening with Chinese residential real estate in general and Evergrande in particular knows the housing market bubble will make the 2008 U.S. housing crash look like a picnic.

The one negative thing I would say is that after a while he just keeps repeating himself, but he puts out a lot of information.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I have seen a few of his videos and was favorably impressed, for the most part.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.