47th President of the USA Ron DeSantis

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: 47th President of the USA Ron DeSantis

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:05 am
Trump has sacrificed enough for this country. It's time for younger conservatives to step up. Trump wants what's best for his supporters.
Yes, sacrificed.

Two decades ago, Trump declared losses of $915.7 million on his Federal taxes, giving him a deduction that could have allowed him to avoid federal income taxes for almost two decades.

Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.

He made you cover his taxes all of that time, while he pocketed money selling foreign-made junk and jewelry to fawning stateside admirers, and while he employed undocumented workers at his properties.

We haven’t even gotten to the part where he bought your lifelong obeisance and unquestioning loyalty for the lie of a ‘wall’ that he built less than 100 miles of, via your tax dollars funneled to his grifting contractor friends, and so shoddily put together that it’s already falling apart.

You can continue to be scammed by him, but I’d say that Trump owes us. ; )
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

It wouldn't surprise me if the GOP elected DeSantis. The GOP base loves a thoughtless asshole, someone they can relate to.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Trump has sacrificed enough for this country. It's time for younger conservatives to step up. Trump wants what's best for his supporters.
Bovine excrement! Trump couldn't care less about any of his supporters other than the already ultra-wealthy elites like himself, for whom he granted huge tax cuts while further impoverishing the poor and lower middle classes, who will eventually wind up burdened with more taxes than they already have. Do you not realize that Trump's tax cuts are permanent only for the wealthy elite, while the rather meager tax cuts for the poor and middle classes have an expiration date, after which they will probably wind up owing at least as much tax as before? This is written right into the tax reforms he pushed through!

I agree that we need a new crop of younger leaders, but heaven forbid they be anything like Trump style MAgA conservatives! They have already done too much damage, and are still threatening the very existence of democracy itself! The main beef I have with Biden is that he seems too timid and centrist in a time that cries out for bold, innovative leadership. I hope that in '24, Biden steps aside for someone younger and bolder (partly, but not entirely because of his age). I think Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island would be an excellent choice. There are few politicians I know of who seem better informed of the pressing issues of our times -- especially scientific issues like climate change and environmental degradation. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez might be a good choice too, but I question whether she will have accumulated enough experience by then, though she will, by October 2024, just barely meet the constitutional age requirement of 35 years for President. Nevertheless, if she, against all odds, winds up being the Presidential nominee in 2024, I would enthusiastically vote for her! I find her honesty, intelligence, understanding of the issues and youthful energy very appealing!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

I actually hope DeSantis becomes the Republican nominee.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:53 am
The main beef I have with Biden is that he seems too timid and centrist in a time that cries out for bold, innovative leadership. I hope that in '24, Biden steps aside for someone younger and bolder (partly, but not entirely because of his age). I think Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island would be an excellent choice. There are few politicians I know of who seem better informed of the pressing issues of our times -- especially scientific issues like climate change and environmental degradation. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez might be a good choice too, but I question whether she will have accumulated enough experience by then, though she will, by October 2024, just barely meet the constitutional age requirement of 35 years for President. Nevertheless, if she, against all odds, winds up being the Presidential nominee in 2024, I would enthusiastically vote for her! I find her honesty, intelligence, understanding of the issues and youthful energy very appealing!
You think Biden is too centrist. You would vote for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez because of her intelligence and honesty.

Do you think Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez should be chosen to lead the house democrats? If they is qualified to lead the country, is they qualified to lead the caucus?
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

ajax18 wrote:
Trump has grifted $250 million off of his supporters for money that he said would be spent on proving election fraud which instead has been diverted to his PAC. Trump doesn't really want the best for anyone other than himself, and he panders to his supporters in order to enrich himself.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Trump has sacrificed enough for this country.
How deranged must one be to believe something like this?

Trump's greatest business accomplishment was grifting the American people out of hundreds of millions of dollars through his various scams. We just learned from the hearings that he milked the American people out of another quarter billion dollars to fund his legal fight that never happened. Instead he dished that money out to his friends and his even doled out $60,000 of that to his son's GF/FOX news bimbo.

Sacrificed?"

:lol:
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hey, remember that time Joe Biden defrauded thousands of Americans over a scam university and the courts forced him to pay them pay $25 million?

Oh wait, that was Trump. The guy who cares so much about his supporters.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:43 pm
Hey, remember that time Joe Biden defrauded thousands of Americans over a scam university and the courts forced him to pay them pay $25 million?

Oh wait, that was Trump. The guy who cares so much about his supporters.
No price is too high to pay for a president that trolls liberals and fights the right-wing culture war. All crimes and money grifts are forgiven. Some things wouldn't be forgiven, though. When he was first president and sort of stood up to the NRA after Sandy Hook, that was nearly unforgivable, but fortunately he dropped to his knees and serviced his masters well enough and never questioned them again.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Binger wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:31 pm
You think Biden is too centrist. You would vote for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez because of her intelligence and honesty.

Do you think Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez should be chosen to lead the house democrats? If they is qualified to lead the country, is they qualified to lead the caucus?
I think Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez would be a great choice to lead the house democratic caucus. Furthermore, I think Sheldon Whitehouse would be a great majority leader in the senate or minority leader should (heaven forbid!) the democrats lose their majority in the coming mid-term election. I know of no one better informed about current issues confronting us than he.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.