RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

Post by ajax18 »

Who came up with viability as the point when you're allowed to kill a fetus? Kids can't survive on their own till they're in their 30s nowadays. What do you all think of Casey Anthony killing her daughter Kaylee because she realized that being a mother was going to be more demanding than she first thought. Kaylee wasn't old enough to survive on her own. She was just a home invader wrecking Casey's life. By this logic you should be fine with it. You guys call me selfish. How selfish is that!
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:57 am
Who came up with viability as the point when you're allowed to kill a fetus? Kids can't survive on their own till they're in their 30s nowadays. What do you all think of Casey Anthony killing her daughter Kaylee because she realized that being a mother was going to be more demanding than she first thought. Kaylee wasn't old enough to survive on her own. She was just a home invader wrecking Casey's life. By this logic you should be fine with it. You guys call me selfish. How selfish is that!
Ajax, do you or your spouse use contraception?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax, why does the Bible have a recipe for abortion within it?

Seems like The Almighty had some details worked out about that, as opposed to demanding any kind of complete prohibition.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Her name was CAYLEE, Mr. I Act Like I Care. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:59 am
ajax18 wrote:
Ajax, do you or your spouse use contraception?
Look, ajax, these types of hyperbolic comments are difficult to take serious because, as questions they nevertheless have no intention inherently in them to further the discussion. Instead, each sentence you posted has baked-in WTF thinking in it.

The question of when a fetus should be recognized as having personhood is a serious one. Dismissing it as you do is no different than someone dismissing it in the other direction.

Bashing on Gen Z as you do in your second comment is petty and agist. Grow up yourself and make adult arguments.

Casey Anthony is a conversation squirrel. Please.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Ohio Congressman tells CNN that science has proven that "life begins at conception," while applauding his state's tyrannical abortion law and saying he hopes a nationwide federal ban would ensue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_OCiP3wLU

His state allows abortion up to six weeks because of some arbitrary claim that this is when an embryo's "heart" begins to beat, which is a false claim Republicans just made up when in reality there isn't even a cardiovascular system at six weeks. Republicans are lying about the basic science and they can get away with it because like their religious beliefs, all that is important is believing what you want to believe.

abortion-shame-response-explanation-facts-liz-wheeler-emily-m-fb2.jpg
abortion-shame-response-explanation-facts-liz-wheeler-emily-m-fb2.jpg (67.87 KiB) Viewed 294 times

When it was explained to him that most women don't even know they're pregnant at six weeks, and when asked if a raped 12 year old girl would be forced to carry the pregnancy to term, this religious zealot said "Six weeks is two months. Who doesn't know if they've been raped within two months."
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Who came up with the idea that this:
521016_18354_XXL.jpg
521016_18354_XXL.jpg (107.93 KiB) Viewed 287 times

Is the exact equivalent of this?

baby-in-distress3-1.jpg
baby-in-distress3-1.jpg (24.09 KiB) Viewed 287 times
On thing I notice about you is that you keep misrepresenting the reality of abortion and when you're shown that virtually off of the post-first-trimester abortions are medically necessary, but just move on to another talking point and never address the data.

Viability is important because people like you keep using the word "kill" for shock value and nothing more. Once people are educated and see that what it is you're trying to shut down is the "killing" of something that could never reasonably be considered a "human being" and once that is weighed against the prospect of a religious minority using the power of the state to strip away women's rights and force them into oppression, the choice should be clearly obvious to anyone with a conscience.

How selfish is what? You keep pretending that women are just arbitrarily deciding by the millions to have an abortion well after the fetus is able to feel pain, or when the so called "baby" has a conscience and is self aware of its own existence. You're so fraught with examples to prove your point that you have to pull a disgusting move by referencing an actual murderer. A woman, of course. Never mind the men who kill their wives and their children because they want to move on with someone else. You have to go back what nearly 20 years to attack a woman.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Y'all realize that whether you think Jesus's mom was a virgin, or not, that you can still get a legal abortion in America. Right?
Yep. Abortions are still legal in America.

At any point now, we can go ahead and change the subject/title of this thread since abortions are not just legal now, but states can make them legal up to and including the nanosecond before so-called birth if they want. Totally legal.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:29 pm
Y'all realize that whether you think Jesus's mom was a virgin, or not, that you can still get a legal abortion in America. Right?

At any point now, we can go ahead and change the subject/title of this thread since abortions are not just legal now, but states can make them legal up to and including the nanosecond before so-called birth if they want. Totally legal.

The thread creator is free to change up the title. But, changing it to say, “Abortions now legal” would be just as inaccurate as stating, “Abortions now illegal”.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:29 pm

You do realize that Republicans are poised to take over Congress and have threatened to make abortion illegal as a federal law, right?

Yeah, you never supported Bernie. You make light of the fact that the majority of Americans just had their Constitutional rights stripped from them by five religious zealots. And they've made no secret about their intent to go after marriage equality, which would also allow certain states to prohibit interracial marriage. But no worries on your part, because everyone can just up and move on a whim to California right?

I get that you think you're cute and witty, but strange how such obtuseness always goes in one direction.