RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

Post by Gunnar »

Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:17 pm
That will not happen in 2022 unless Texas cancels in-person voting. Dallas, Austin, Houston and San Antonio may achieve that goal in 2024, but probably too late to do it in 2022.
I greatly fear you are right about that, but I hope you are not.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Gunnar wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Yeah! I fervently hope that Beto continues to rise in the polls to where he can defeat Abbott in the coming Texas gubernatorial election in November. That corrupt monster should never be allowed to hold any government office again! I also hope a substantial number of MAGA idiots get voted out of the Texas legislature in that same election. And Paxton, already under FBI investigation for fraud, belongs in prison.
That will not happen in 2022 unless Texas cancels in-person voting. Dallas, Austin, Houston and San Antonio may achieve that goal in 2024, but probably too late to do it in 2022.
Unless conservatives are incapable of licking stamps, I don't think their votes would be suppressed by going to an all-mail balloting system. Just kidding -- mailing in your ballot doesn't even require a stamp. I just voted in my state's primary in the comfort of my own home. All I have to do is stick it in my mailbox or drop it off at a collection box.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:28 pm
Binger wrote:

Unless conservatives are incapable of licking stamps, I don't think their votes would be suppressed by going to an all-mail balloting system. Just kidding -- mailing in your ballot doesn't even require a stamp. I just voted in my state's primary in the comfort of my own home. All I have to do is stick it in my mailbox or drop it off at a collection box.
Ha. Nice one. May the odds be ever in your favor.

The vote by mail concept and process ain’t for me. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for anyone that had a real interest in the results or process. It seems good enough for some folks and generally accepted but nah.

Just think. Your vote will never be offset by me or anyone like me cuz I ain’t playin.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:49 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:28 pm

The vote by mail concept and process ain’t for me. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for anyone that had a real interest in the results or process. It seems good enough for some folks and generally accepted but nah.

Just think. Your vote will never be offset by me or anyone like me cuz I ain’t playin.
I have a real interest in the results and the process.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:19 pm
Binger wrote:

We all do. People who refuse to vote shouldn't complain about politics. Vote your conscience even if it's a losing side.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Binger wrote:
What reason do you have for believing that voting by mail is inherently fraudulent or insecure other than the fact that the most pathologically dishonest U.S. President in history insists without evidence that it must be so, despite the fact the he himself voted by mail in the last general election?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Father Francis wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:19 pm
We all do. People who refuse to vote shouldn't complain about politics. Vote your conscience even if it's a losing side.
Many people who don’t vote can and should and will complain. Some won’t. Felons can complain.

People who choose not to vote because the process is not credible or does not meet their standards can complain. Unless, of course, this is a regime or a monarchy and not a republic. In which case, you are absolutely correct.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:

Even in concept, huh? The idea that a greater percentage of the people might be able to participate in the process than is possible with in-person-only voting is not for you, even in concept?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Binger wrote:

The vote by mail concept and process ain’t for me. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for anyone that had a real interest in the results or process.

Of course, the 2020 election was rigged. It's so obvious that Trump won.

Now, can you explain why Trump and the Republican-controlled congress didn't do anything to prevent electoral fraud? It's not like Republicans didn't have any power at the time.

And if "real" Republicans are always powerless, then what is the point of the goddam politics?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:17 pm
Binger wrote:

The vote by mail concept and process ain’t for me. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for anyone that had a real interest in the results or process.

Of course, the 2020 election was rigged. It's so obvious that Trump won.

Now, can you explain why Trump and the Republican-controlled congress didn't do anything to prevent electoral fraud? It's not like Republicans didn't have any power at the time.

And if "real" Republicans are always powerless, then what is the point of the goddam politics?
Dude, please. The attempts by the GOP to reduce access to voting leading up to the 2020 election were numerous and egregious. I'd rather not provoke that by asking why they didn't do more in the name of fighting the boogieman of voter fraud.