RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:08 pm
Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:49 pm
The vote by mail concept and process ain’t for me. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for anyone that had a real interest in the results or process. It seems good enough for some folks and generally accepted but nah.

Just think. Your vote will never be offset by me or anyone like me cuz I ain’t playin.
Even in concept, huh? The idea that a greater percentage of the people might be able to participate in the process than is possible with in-person-only voting is not for you, even in concept?
Particularly in concept. More people voting in bad election is not better than fewer people voting in good election, especially in concept.

But like I told Res, may the odds be ever in your favor. You don't need to worry about me. I don't vote in elections that mail out ballots and accept them back in the mail or in drop boxes. Nothing I say or think will ever do anything to offset your vote.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:17 pm
Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:49 pm

The vote by mail concept and process ain’t for me. I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for anyone that had a real interest in the results or process.

Of course, the 2020 election was rigged. It's so obvious that Trump won.

Now, can you explain why Trump and the Republican-controlled congress didn't do anything to prevent electoral fraud? It's not like Republicans didn't have any power at the time.

And if "real" Republicans are always powerless, then what is the point of the goddam politics?
Haaaaahhhhhhahahahahaha, DT.

On the election being rigged? Maybe, definitely, absolutely, no chance whatsoever, who cares? I don't give a damn. Based on the process we have for disputed elections, it is not proven that there was fraud and who the hell cares? I certainly do not. It doesn't matter. Caring now will not change the outcome of 2020 or 2022 or 2024.

Did you read Res's thread in SPP? Allegedly, the the Supreme Court is going to do something. Allegedly. I will believe it when I see it. The link Res gave is very optimistic and mentions cert.

Republicans are the same as democrats, and visa versa. Federal elections are controlled and legislated by state legislatures, up until recently. Now they are controlled by the post office or some damn thing. People vote by mail and who knows what after that.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:25 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:17 pm

Of course, the 2020 election was rigged. It's so obvious that Trump won.

Now, can you explain why Trump and the Republican-controlled congress didn't do anything to prevent electoral fraud? It's not like Republicans didn't have any power at the time.

And if "real" Republicans are always powerless, then what is the point of the goddam politics?
Dude, please. The attempts by the GOP to reduce access to voting leading up to the 2020 election were numerous and egregious. I'd rather not provoke that by asking why they didn't do more in the name of fighting the boogieman of voter fraud.
Dude, please. What a lie. But, whatever and ya know, keep on mailing those ballots and you will keep having voting by mail. Personally, I think we should shred the constitution and put it on the ballots where the stamp should be. Recycling is good for the environment.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Why would voting in person help if it's the liberal judges who decide the election anyway?
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:39 pm
Why would voting in person help if it's the liberal judges who decide the election anyway?
Again, I would refer you to the link by Res in the other kingdom.

Setting aside your snark, if I am interpreting you correctly, you make a great point. The same could be asked of conservative judges and liberal governors and conservative governors and secretaries of state. So yeah.... point acknowledged and point accepted. I am out for now but would gladly rejoin the process if it was in-person voting. I don't see any reason for anyone to find a vote by mail process credible. I certainly won't get in the way of the people using that process if they want it, but it ain't for me.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:54 pm
Father Francis wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:38 pm
We all do. People who refuse to vote shouldn't complain about politics. Vote your conscience even if it's a losing side.
Many people who don’t vote can and should and will complain. Some won’t. Felons can complain.

People who choose not to vote because the process is not credible or does not meet their standards can complain. Unless, of course, this is a regime or a monarchy and not a republic. In which case, you are absolutely correct.
I didn't say can't, I said shouldn't. Not to mention that we have a pretty good record of fair elections here.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

There’s a certain luxury enjoyed when throwing rocks at a system one has chosen not to participate in.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:37 pm
There’s a certain luxury enjoyed when throwing rocks at a system one has chosen not to participate in.
That is one way to look at it. Another way to consider it is that these are not the conditions I would choose. So, rather than confront them, I am opting out. I know many others that have a similar response. Life is short. There is much to do. Fixing an election process that allows people to mail in a ballot, laughing out loud, ain't on their priority list. It certainly ain't on mine.

If you disagree with me, you ain't wrong. And the fact that the process meets your standards is just limited to you. It doesn't meet my standards, and I do not find the process credible.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:37 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:25 pm

Dude, please. The attempts by the GOP to reduce access to voting leading up to the 2020 election were numerous and egregious. I'd rather not provoke that by asking why they didn't do more in the name of fighting the boogieman of voter fraud.
Dude, please. What a lie. But, whatever and ya know, keep on mailing those ballots and you will keep having voting by mail. Personally, I think we should shred the constitution and put it on the ballots where the stamp should be. Recycling is good for the environment.
Oh? Some here may remember the rather intense discussion about Georgia poll stations back in 2018 and wonder if maybe you don't know how facts work.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:44 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:37 pm
That is one way to look at it. Another way to consider it is that these are not the conditions I would choose. So, rather than confront them, I am opting out. I know many others that have a similar response. Life is short. There is much to do. Fixing an election process that allows people to mail in a ballot, laughing out loud, ain't on their priority list. It certainly ain't on mine.

If you disagree with me, you ain't wrong. And the fact that the process meets your standards is just limited to you. It doesn't meet my standards, and I do not find the process credible.
But you still haven't shown, nor do I think you can show any compelling evidence that voting by mail is inherently more fraudulent or cannot be made acceptably secure. I think it is probably just another case of having a "gut feeling or intuition" thing and thinking that nothing more is needed.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.