RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

Post by Gunnar »

Yet another potentially horrible consequence of the reversal of Roe v. Wade:

Doctors Fear Treating Pregnant Cancer Patients Could Get Them Arrested
--Doctors are increasingly hesitant to treat pregnant cancer patients for fears they could be arrested for abortion-related "crimes"
There are already laws in some states that view any miscarriage with suspicion and as a potentially indictable event or offense, despite the well-known medical reality that as much as 1/4 to 1/3 of all pregnancies end in spontaneous miscarriage -- often before or even without the women knowing they were even pregnant. Now doctors in extreme anti-abortion states have to worry that they could be charged and prosecuted if anything happens to the pregnancy of a woman being treated for cancer or some other serious illness as a result of that illness.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:37 am
Yet another potentially horrible consequence of the reversal of Roe v. Wade:

Doctors Fear Treating Pregnant Cancer Patients Could Get Them Arrested
--Doctors are increasingly hesitant to treat pregnant cancer patients for fears they could be arrested for abortion-related "crimes"
There are already laws in some states that view any miscarriage with suspicion and as a potentially indictable event or offense, despite the well-known medical reality that as much as 1/4 to 1/3 of all pregnancies end in spontaneous miscarriage -- often before or even without the women knowing they were even pregnant. Now doctors in extreme anti-abortion states have to worry that they could be charged and prosecuted if anything happens to the pregnancy of a woman being treated for cancer or some other serious illness as a result of that illness.
WHEN are the people of this country going to wake the hell up? Does anyone see how extremely horrific, cruel, insane, and barbaric this is growing to be? Clarence Thomas who (and I don't give a damn what anyone says) sexually harassed Anita Hill and oh by the way, here's a tidbit from the raging hypocrite's wiki:

Throughout his testimony, Thomas defended his right to privacy. He made it clear that he was not going to put his personal life on display for public consumption, permit the committee (or anyone else) to probe his private life, or describe discussions that he may have had with others about his private life. The committee accepted his right to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_ ... llegations

Screw you, buddy.

...has already tackled abortion and plans to do the same with contraception...what? So in his view, he wants to block access to BOTH abortion AND contraception...head up his butt much? But he doesn't want anyone digging into HIS private life. Oh yeah, that's rich.

Let me just say this one thing and I'll try not to be crude about it. It is my fervent hope that women of child bearing age all over this godforsaken country start refusing sex and then see what happens. Oh sorry, honey. No can do. Didn't you know that sex could put my life in jeopardy? Sorry, can't risk it.

Let that happen. Just let it.

He wants to address same sex marriage. Is he also going to address and criminalize interracial marriage? My guess is no.

Swine.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:59 am
Is he also going to address and criminalize interracial marriage? My guess is no.
He might change his mind even about that if his wife's insurrectionist activities prove too embarrassing for him -- especially they lead to criminal indictments for his wife and/or impeachment for him. If anything like that happens, I can imagine him saying to himself, "what possessed me to agree to marry that crazy white broad?"
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:49 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:59 am
Is he also going to address and criminalize interracial marriage? My guess is no.
He might change his mind even about that if his wife's insurrectionist activities prove too embarrassing for him -- especially they lead to criminal indictments for his wife and/or impeachment for him. If anything like that happens, I can imagine him saying to himself, "what possessed me to agree to marry that crazy white broad?"
The man is a pig.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Fox challenged the case of the 10-year-old rape victim from Ohio that had to get an abortion in Indiana. The case has been substantiated. Shame on Fox for being the purveyor of stupidity and misinformation. Even if it is part of their brand, it is a terrible brand.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

A Walgreens clerk in Wisconsin refuses to sell married woman condoms because it is against his faith. This snowball is only going to get bigger.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... faith.html
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:15 pm
A Walgreens clerk in Wisconsin refuses to sell married woman condoms because it is against his faith. This snowball is only going to get bigger.

Weirdly, the man’s name was Onan.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:15 pm

This is a longstanding issue with pharmacists. Here's an opinion in a Wisconsin case in which a pharmacist refused to refill a birth control prescription for a 16 year old girl, refused to transfer the prescription to a different pharmacist, and refused to tell the girl what her options were to get the prescription filled by someone else. It's worth reading the entire opinion to see how smug this pharmacist was.

https://online.drl.wi.gov/decisions/200 ... 077792.pdf

This occurred 18 years ago.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:35 pm
This is a longstanding issue with pharmacists. Here's an opinion in a Wisconsin case in which a pharmacist refused to refill a birth control prescription for a 16 year old girl, refused to transfer the prescription to a different pharmacist, and refused to tell the girl what her options were to get the prescription filled by someone else. It's worth reading the entire opinion to see how smug this pharmacist was.
One of my best friends once told me that his brother, who worked at drug store (I'm not sure whether he was a pharmacist or just a clerk), who had religious objections to contraception, took upon himself the moral obligation to pierce all packages of condoms with a needle before putting them on the shelf to insure their effectiveness would be compromised.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I refuse to believe people care this much about other people's kids they'll never meet. To say so is to be completely full of crap.

This is not about kid's lives. It's about power/control over living people you don't even know.

Frankly, it's a kind of rape. That's why Kavanaugh is all for it.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.