Kavanaugh's long History of Perjury

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Kavanaugh's long History of Perjury

Post by Vēritās »

How We Know Kavanaugh Is Lying

"In this case, when we examine the testimony of Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford honestly, impartially, and carefully, it is impossible to escape the following conclusions:
Brett Kavanaugh is lying.

There is no good reason to believe that Christine Blasey Ford is lying. This does not mean that she is definitely telling the truth, but that there is nothing in what Kavanaugh said that in any way discredits her account.
I want to show you, clearly and definitively, how Brett Kavanaugh has lied to you and lied to the Senate. I cannot prove that he committed sexual assault when he was 17, and I hesitate to draw conclusions about what happened for a few minutes in a house in Maryland in the summer of 1982. But I can prove quite easily that Kavanaugh’s teary-eyed “good, innocent man indignant at being wrongfully accused” schtick was a facade. What may have looked like a strong defense was in fact a very, very weak and implausible one."

Read this fascinating piece.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Re: Kavanaugh's long History of Perjury

Post by Some Schmo »

That was interesting, and I had assumed he was lying at the time for many of the reasons cited. It was obvious.

And now that the Roe decision has come, we have additional evidence he's a damned liar.

Republicans are idiots who think everyone else must be as stupid as they are.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:54 pm
That was interesting, and I had assumed he was lying at the time for many of the reasons cited. It was obvious.

And now that the Roe decision has come, we have additional evidence he's a damned liar.

Republicans are idiots who think everyone else must be as stupid as they are.
At the very least he was deliberately misleading in his confirmation hearing on Roe. The fact that this is so should disqualify him. Judges we presume are people of high character and integrity, and Kavanaugh has neither by making a mockery of the system by gaming it the way he has.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Very interesting read. Thank you for sharing. I think it is hard to come away from his hearing and not feel upset or peeved he was confirmed. Wish we could go back to the days where justices were not confirmed on near 50-50 split votes.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:12 pm
I want to show you, clearly and definitively, how Brett Kavanaugh has lied to you and lied to the Senate. I cannot prove that he committed sexual assault when he was 17, and I hesitate to draw conclusions about what happened for a few minutes in a house in Maryland in the summer of 1982. But I can prove quite easily that Kavanaugh’s teary-eyed “good, innocent man indignant at being wrongfully accused” schtick was a facade. What may have looked like a strong defense was in fact a very, very weak and implausible one."

Read this fascinating piece.
Fascinating piece indeed! Equally damning I think is Sheldon Whitehouse's speech: The Scheme Speech 7: The Kavanaugh Operation

Among the damning facts he presented was how the FBI was pressured into a sham investigation that deliberately neglected standard FBI investigative procedures, and was directly under the purview of the White House Council, rather than the DOJ, and what evidence was gathered was directly routed to the Whitehouse Council, where it was immediately "given a decent burial."

I say again! Sheldon Whitehouse for President in 2024!
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

What makes the Kavanaugh nomination look even worse is that even without Christine Blasey Ford's testimony, there was already more than adequate evidence that Kavanaugh was a liar who had repeatedly perjured himself before congressional investigations.

Brett Kavanaugh’s perjury avalanche — 50 years in the making

In fact, according to this article by Paul Rosenberg:
The nomination process has been polluted by lies for decades, it's time to scrub the process
It is increasingly obvious to me that at least 5 of the 6 conservative Justices currently on the Supreme Court got there by way of perjury and are beholden to selfish corporate interests much more so than to rule of law, democracy and human rights.
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:59 pm
At the very least he was deliberately misleading in his confirmation hearing on Roe. The fact that this is so should disqualify him. Judges we presume are people of high character and integrity, and Kavanaugh has neither by making a mockery of the system by gaming it the way he has.
What happened with Merrick Garland and Neil Gorsuch was kind of the preview to the full politicization of the Supreme Court, but Kavanaugh completely invalidated the court. It's no longer an independent body and reeks of corruption.

The illusion of three independent bodies has been obliterated. We are edging ever closer toward an authoritarian state, and morons on the right are inviting it.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:59 pm
What happened with Merrick Garland and Neil Gorsuch was kind of the preview to the full politicization of Supreme Court, but Kavanaugh completely invalidated the court. It's no longer an independent body and reeks of corruption.

The illusion of three independent bodies has been obliterated. We are edging ever closer toward an authoritarian state, and morons on the right are inviting it.
It's heartbreaking to realize how many people are either unaware of this or just don't care! :cry:
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:25 pm
Equally damning I think is Sheldon Whitehouse's speech: The Scheme Speech 7: The Kavanaugh Operation
Jesus, that was brutal. Thanks for sharing.

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

We can all remember how Brett Kavanaugh lurched dangerously from side to side, let out a loud belch, and declared that he liked beer.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace