Bed Bath and Beyond Got What They Wished For and More

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Bed Bath and Beyond Got What They Wished For and More

Post by Binger »

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/29/bed-bat ... nings.html
Here’s how the retailer did in the three-month period ended May 28 compared with what analysts were anticipating, based on Refinitiv data:
Same-store sales, a key retail metric, declined 24% in the quarter compared with a year ago, worse than the 20.1% drop that analysts expected, according to StreetAccount. Online sales fell by 21% year over year. The figures include a 27% drop for its Bed Bath & Beyond banner and a mid single-digits decline for the Buybuy Baby banner.
There is a lot going on here. Having 30 vacuums to choose from was great, I guess. As long as they have the vacuum that people want, extra inventory can be absorbed.

Like it or not, picking a fight with a pillow retailer was a bad move. BB&B will go bankrupt. They wanted to play politics and they got a lot of press for it, exactly as they wished for. It was obvious that the big boxes (and BB&B is a box) are not as relevant for recurring sales in urban areas as they are in the suburbs. Buying products for a studio apartment in SF still happens, but not as much as it does in a new development outside of Wichita.

At this point, BB&B is a money grab for creditors and executives.
Vēritās
God

Re: Bed Bath and Beyond Got What They Wished For and More

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:24 pm
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/29/bed-bat ... nings.html
Here’s how the retailer did in the three-month period ended May 28 compared with what analysts were anticipating, based on Refinitiv data:
Same-store sales, a key retail metric, declined 24% in the quarter compared with a year ago, worse than the 20.1% drop that analysts expected, according to StreetAccount. Online sales fell by 21% year over year. The figures include a 27% drop for its Bed Bath & Beyond banner and a mid single-digits decline for the Buybuy Baby banner.
There is a lot going on here. Having 30 vacuums to choose from was great, I guess. As long as they have the vacuum that people want, extra inventory can be absorbed.

Like it or not, picking a fight with a pillow retailer was a bad move. BB&B will go bankrupt. They wanted to play politics and they got a lot of press for it, exactly as they wished for. It was obvious that the big boxes (and BB&B is a box) are not as relevant for recurring sales in urban areas as they are in the suburbs. Buying products for a studio apartment in SF still happens, but not as much as it does in a new development outside of Wichita.

At this point, BB&B is a money grab for creditors and executives.
Why does this non-issue deserve its own thread after you and your doppelganger already brought it up elsewhere?

What makes BB&B so special? Here are a list of notable bankruptcies during Trump's first three years in office:

Toys R' Us
Sears
Mattress Firm
JC Penny
Neiman Marcus
GNC
Radio Shack
HH Gregg
Gymboree
The Limited
Brookstone
Payless Shoes
Stein Mart
True Religion
Pier 1 Imports
David’s Bridal
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Earnings released.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

My Pillow is Gods One True Corporation on Earth
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

There is plenty of space in Russian malls with empty shops. Take down the magnetometers and let the Lindell pillows enter! My Pillow should be the next big thing for Kremlin heads.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Although there are lots of analyses of BBB's financial problems, it's only in the fever dreams of Binger et al that it has anything to do with its rejection of the MyPillow guy.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

BB&B sells overpriced crap.

Signed,
A Consumer
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!