50 Migrants Found Dead in Texas

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

50 Migrants Found Dead in Texas

Post by doubtingthomas »

The invasion of Iraq was not a good idea, but US military action did help defeat ISIL.
airpower halted ISIS's 2014 offensive, notably saving Baghdad, Erbil, and Kobani. Strategic air strikes then weakened ISIS finances by targeting the group's cash reserves and oil business. Iraqi and Syrian partners would not have been able to retake territory from ISIS without coalition airpower, which provided essential intelligence and precision strikes and bolstered partner troops' confidence and motivation against a fearsome enemy.
Wasser, Becca, Stacie L. Pettyjohn, Jeffrey Martini, Alexandra T. Evans, Karl P. Mueller, Nathaniel Edenfield, Gabrielle Tarini, Ryan Haberman, and Jalen Zeman, The Role of U.S. Airpower in Defeating ISIS. Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 2021. https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_briefs/RBA388-1.html.

I hope someday, the US military attacks the Mexican cartels. The Mexican cartels are responsible for a lot of human trafficking.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
huckelberry
God

Re: 50 Migrants Found Dead in Texas

Post by huckelberry »

Doubting thomas,
What sort of human trafficking are you thinking of and how is blowing up some Mexican stuff going to stop it or slow it significantly? Perhaps assisting Mexican authorities. Well that has been done some, no quick fix.
drumdude
God

Re: 50 Migrants Found Dead in Texas

Post by drumdude »

Reagan’s war on drugs was the best thing to ever happen for the cartels. They have so much money now that they have moved much of it into legitimate businesses. It’s going to be nearly impossible to cut them out of Latin America now.