"rebirth date" and male to female gender change

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
msnobody
Prophet

"rebirth date" and male to female gender change

Post by msnobody »

Anybody have any idea what a "rebirth date" with regard to a male having sex change surgery? It doesn't appear to be the patient's date of birth, nor the dates of his/her breast augmentation or sex change surgery. It seems to be just a month/day and not a year.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Gadianton
God

Re: "rebirth date" and male to female gender change

Post by Gadianton »

I've never heard of it before, but it kinda sounds like a play on the Christian concept of being born again, and keeping close to heart the date that the salvation prayer was uttered, resulting in a persons assured salvation and transformation into a new creature.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I am not entirely sure but I think we could learn about that. I know what a 'dead name' is. I'm trying to keep up with the changes in society and it's a struggle some times.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I learned what a dead name is today too. Now, I’m wondering if the new female name or the dead name is written in the Lamb’s book of life if he/she is among the elect.
I’m sort of having to learn this stuff because of work.

I also have a friend who has recently come out to me as gay, whom initially issued an ultimatum that I affirm his lifestyle and reject a literal interpretation of the Bible on matters of homosexuality, or the friendship will have to be severed. OTOH, he also has backed off on that. I think my friend first tried to see if he could push me away. I’m just going to love him like I always have 🙂
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:13 am
I've never heard of it before, but it kinda sounds like a play on the Christian concept of being born again, and keeping close to heart the date that the salvation prayer was uttered, resulting in a persons assured salvation and transformation into a new creature.
Made me think of that too. Maybe as time goes on, it will become apparent. Maybe it was the date he decided to undergo surgery.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:27 am
I learned what a dead name is today too. Now, I’m wondering if the new female name or the dead name is written in the Lamb’s book of life if he/she is among the elect.
I think I'd leave that up to the Lord and not to my own interpretation or understanding. I think that in all circumstances, we are called to love. Surely the Lord loved us in all circumstances and I believe, continues to do so. So are we called to love others in the best ways that we can and above all else, be kind.
I’m sort of having to learn this stuff because of work.
I understand! When I was teaching and administering program, I had to learn a lot of things about all kinds of folks. I loved the situations that made me stretch and learn!
I also have a friend who has recently come out to me as gay, whom initially issued an ultimatum that I affirm his lifestyle and reject a literal interpretation of the Bible on matters of homosexuality, or the friendship will have to be severed. OTOH, he also has backed off on that. I think my friend first tried to see if he could push me away. I’m just going to love him like I always have 🙂
I've never been in that position! I struggle with issues of homosexuality and the Bible. But it is clear as day that we are called to love, Weaps. That much I know!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I mean, the Bible is pretty clear not only with regard to the penalties homosexuals should suffer for homosexual acts, but that they should also be removed.
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly …
And so on.

I’ve read the pro-LGBT+ Christian arguments that attempt to find a workaround, but it mostly results in an excruciating interpretation of scripture along with a form of People Were Just Different Back Then. It doesn’t really work. It certainly doesn’t work for your regular person, and after talking to or just hearing them talk I think I figured out why, topically speaking, the transgendered thing might be politically tolerated (or politically promoted), but will never really be accepted within the broader Christian community.

* standard disclaimer, I’m an egalitarian, atheist, recognize Kinseyian sexual studies, dna, etc. I’m coming at this from Your Average Joe and Jane’s perspective

So. Lying is an act of aggression when the receiver of the lie is expected to ignore what their own eyes tell them is the truth. The transgender movement is dripping in dishonesty from their POV. When you or, say, a MtF tells Bob to use female pronouns you’re telling him to see a woman when he sees a man. That’s dishonest and it’s aggressive. He sees a receding hairline, broad shoulders, thin hips, stubble, a pot belly, a fashion sense that smacks of male sensibilities, and quite often a male imitation of women’s fashion based on what men find attractive. The aggression is manifested in that you’re telling Bob 2+2=5, and Bob, from his POV clearly sees 2+2=4. The aggression is then further manifested in anger, and these days an attempt to destroy the receiver of the lie.

Here’s where it gets a little nefarious, and I’m kind of on board with this part of my hot take. They, the transgendered in this case, become bullies who want to assert themselves over others (perhaps it’s the male competitor within), but have no field where they’re, generally speaking, able to demonstrate competence or excellence outside of social manipulation. They demand female spaces, they demand female aesthetics, and they demand the female label. This is hostility because the average Joe or Jane simply can’t unsee a man.

And, my hot take armchair psychoanalysis says, they, the MtF take the label of ‘woman’ from the women they wish they could get love and acceptance from. They desire the female, and when it’s apparently they can’t get what they want from the female, they take it. They become the girlfriend, mother, wife, lover they were denied. Whatever. They wish to become the thing they were denied by nature, and attempt to take for themselves the role for which nature didn’t select them, and it’s hubris. “In the last days ... men shall be ... without natural affection ... lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts”. They can never be a woman, and aggressively shaming or attacking people who feel a perfectly natural revulsion of a man displaying abnormal behaviors and appearances is aggression, and will always be received as such, despite what society tries to do otherwise.

So. The Christian is in a bit of a pickle, if they’re the Loving Jesus kind of Christian, and not the Revenge Jesus kind of Christian. They have to live with what scripture says. It’s pretty unambiguous. They also have to live with what their eyes see. It’s also unambiguous. But at the end of the day they can just default to the Modified Golden Rule, as we all should, and treat others like how we’d want others to treat us. I don’t know how that squares with their god, though. He might get pissed. If the Bible is true, it’s most likely their god is going to be pissed. He’s probably pissed. Ok, he’s definitely pissed. So, that’s for Christians to figure out.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:02 am
“In the last days ... men shall be ... without natural affection ... lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts”.
What does without natural affection mean to you?

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:48 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:02 am
“In the last days ... men shall be ... without natural affection ... lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts”.
My first impulse is to say, “Instinctive affection.”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:55 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:48 am

My first impulse is to say, “Instinctive affection.”

- Doc
Instinctive affection in what way? Can you give me one example?

I'm not jerking you around. I'm trying to have a conversation with you. Just so you are sure. So talk to me about that if you will.

Slava Ukraini!