"rebirth date" and male to female gender change

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: "rebirth date" and male to female gender change

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:25 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:55 am

My first impulse is to say, “Instinctive affection.”

- Doc
Instinctive affection in what way? Can you give me one example?

I'm not jerking you around. I'm trying to have a conversation with you. Just so you are sure. So talk to me about that if you will.
Well, the words ‘natural affection’ seem self-evident to me. I’m not sure how to redefine them in a way that’d help you understand them from my perspective when my perspective is to read the words and let their inherent meaning wash over me like the golden dawn of an Italian sunrise.

So, make your point and perhaps I’ll pick up what you’re laying down. Inb4 Greek words and the Bible and translation and stuff.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:41 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:25 am

Instinctive affection in what way? Can you give me one example?

I'm not jerking you around. I'm trying to have a conversation with you. Just so you are sure. So talk to me about that if you will.
Well, the words ‘natural affection’ seem self-evident to me. I’m not sure how to redefine them in a way that’d help you understand them from my perspective when my perspective is to read the words and let their inherent meaning wash over me like the golden dawn of an Italian sunrise.

So, make your point and perhaps I’ll pick up what you’re laying down. Inb4 Greek words and the Bible and translation and stuff.

- Doc
I'm trying to figure out how you think that part of scripture fits the context of your post re: Christian views on homosexuality. If it doesn't fit I'd like to toss it out and if it does, I'd like to try to respond to your post tomorrow just as you wrote it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Oh, I was using the ‘natural affection’ thing through the lens of fundamentalism*, which I’ve heard throughout my life being related to the sin of homosexuality. After googling it further I see why you got hung up on that. I think in context to the Bible’s clear position on homosexual behavior, the English term ‘natural affection’ works, even if the Greek word and meaning doesn’t, if one is trying to condemn homosexuality.

* https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 3?lang=eng

click on ‘natural’ and ‘affection’ and you’ll see my LDS indoctrination in its full glory

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:43 am
Oh, I was using the ‘natural affection’ thing through the lens of fundamentalism*, which I’ve heard throughout my life being related to the sin of homosexuality. After googling it further I see why you got hung up on that. I think in context to the Bible’s clear position on homosexual behavior, the English term ‘natural affection’ works, even if the Greek word and meaning doesn’t, if one is trying to condemn homosexuality.

* https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 3?lang=eng

click on ‘natural’ and ‘affection’ and you’ll see my LDS indoctrination in its full glory

- Doc
Okay, I wanted to see if you were using it to describe sexual desires (?) or affection...love, and not eroticism (I hate this topic!) because I don't see the two as one and the same or anywhere close to synonymous. I'll see what I can do in response to your post up there. I want to see if I can work my way through it and remain intellectually honest or even just try to make sense. And...I'll probably fail miserably at that but I'm always willing to try!

And don't worry about your LDS indoctrination. All too many Christians don't think critically about what they are reading and pulling out of the Bible to make their point. I'll probably be one of them, but I assure you it won't be because I'm trying to condemn the other.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

But it is clear as day that we are called to love, Weaps. That much I know!
That, I can do! 😊
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Here’s where it gets a little nefarious, and I’m kind of on board with this part of my hot take. They, the transgendered in this case, become bullies who want to assert themselves over others (perhaps it’s the male competitor within), but have no field where they’re, generally speaking, able to demonstrate competence or excellence outside of social manipulation. They demand female spaces, they demand female aesthetics, and they demand the female label. This is hostility because the average Joe or Jane simply can’t unsee a man.
The hostility comes when a father looks at the number of girls who identified as transgender in the 1960s and sees it was 0.2%. When he looks at the number of girls who identify as transgender today and sees that it's one in five, he rightfully asks what the hell are they teaching them in school. A young girl goes through puberty and she feels strange and uncomfortable with the changes in her body. That's often all it takes for some idiot doctor to start her on puberty blockers and ruin her.

What if I asked you as atheist to refer to me as a child of God? You wouldn't do that because you're not comfortable speaking as if there is a God. In the same way I don't believe this many people are actually gay, hermaprhoditic, etc. And I don't believe young kids should be choosing their gender.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:17 pm
Here’s where it gets a little nefarious, and I’m kind of on board with this part of my hot take. They, the transgendered in this case, become bullies who want to assert themselves over others (perhaps it’s the male competitor within), but have no field where they’re, generally speaking, able to demonstrate competence or excellence outside of social manipulation. They demand female spaces, they demand female aesthetics, and they demand the female label. This is hostility because the average Joe or Jane simply can’t unsee a man.
The hostility comes when a father looks at the number of girls who identified as transgender in the 1960s and sees it was 0.2%. When he looks at the number of girls who identify as transgender today and sees that it's one in five, he rightfully asks what the hell are they teaching them in school. A young girl goes through puberty and she feels strange and uncomfortable with the changes in her body. That's often all it takes for some idiot doctor to start her on puberty blockers and ruin her.

What if I asked you as atheist to refer to me as a child of God? You wouldn't do that because you're not comfortable speaking as if there is a God. In the same way I don't believe this many people are actually gay, hermaprhoditic, etc. And I don't believe young kids should be choosing their gender.
QED

- Doc
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

You mean back when it was not socially acceptable in the least bit, and earlier, maybe illegal, fewer people identified as homosexual or transgendered?

Someone once pointed out that back when students were punished for being left-handed, fewer identified as left-handed. When the punishment stopped, there was a surge in lefties, but it peaked out.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/ ... ed-states/

1 in 5? where are you getting your numbers?

Among U.S. adults, 0.5% (about 1.3 million adults) identify as transgender. Among youth ages 13 to 17 in the U.S., 1.4% (about 300,000 youth) identify as transgender
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

From the Washinton Compost

www.washingtonpost.com
1 in 6 Gen Z adults are LGBT. And this number could continue to grow.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:17 am
1 in 6 Gen Z adults are LGBT. And this number could continue to grow.

You’re not pulling your weight, ajax. You only have one child.