The Hispanic vote.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: The Hispanic vote.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Markk wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:22 pm
One in particular, who is here legally (green card) from Baja California, who is very very intelligent and not the typical uneducated immigrant the work in the trades (his parents are teaches in Mexico) is a interesting model for the changing view of the Hispanic vote.
… most Hispanics are conservative by nature, but this is trumped by a “what can they do for me attitude.” … would in the past still vote blue in that they had more to offer, with basically free things.
even though the free things exist here in California, overall he feels that Biden has nothing to offer.
-_-
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
This post is not scientific , but observational. i have worked with and manage a mostly Immigrant Hispanic work force for the past 20 plus years. Of the workers I manage, may (the very most) are immigrants some here legally, others not. There are a few supervisors I manage that I am close with and can discuss politics with openly.

Markk, why would your company employ so many non-citizens?

And, do you believe that they are voting?
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:56 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:27 pm

Lately, here in the Southeast, I hear black people talk about how displeased they are with President Biden.
What are they displeased about?

Presidents do not have supernatural power to fix everything. Some individuals might claim that if given enough dictatorial power they and only they can fix everything.
Economy for one. While president Trump was in office there was a very noticeable increase seeing more black folks in places you would have only seen white folks previously, moving into nicer housing than ever before. I remember being at work at that time, and a black coworker verbalized being pleased with president Trump. I was purposefully quiet, waiting for our other black coworkers to disagree with her, and they didn’t.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:16 am
huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:56 pm

What are they displeased about?

Presidents do not have supernatural power to fix everything. Some individuals might claim that if given enough dictatorial power they and only they can fix everything.
Economy for one. While president Trump was in office there was a very noticeable increase seeing more black folks in places you would have only seen white folks previously, moving into nicer housing than ever before. I remember being at work at that time, and a black coworker verbalized being pleased with president Trump. I was purposefully quiet, waiting for our other black coworkers to disagree with her, and they didn’t.
People like to associate current Presidents with current trends, even if the current trend far preceded the current President. Unemployment and opportunity for black Americans generally improved continuously between just after 2010, and right on up to COVID (graph below).

Of course, Trump was in office when the unemployment rate for black males shot up dramatically during COVID. I wonder what your coworker had to say about that, or what that same coworker thinks about the subsequent drop in the rate again.

I’m also left wondering if you or your coworker - since Biden was elected - still see, as you put it, more black folks in places where one would have only seen white folks previously, and moving into nicer housing than ever before … or if that trend somehow reversed.
Attachments
1714FA7B-4436-47B4-AB4E-25F1A8201D0D.jpeg
1714FA7B-4436-47B4-AB4E-25F1A8201D0D.jpeg (228.6 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
One in particular, who is here legally (green card) from Baja California, who is very very intelligent and not the typical uneducated immigrant the work in the trades (his parents are teaches in Mexico) is a interesting model for the changing view of the Hispanic vote.
You'll have to forgive me. I stopped reading at the bigoted portion of your post. :roll:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:43 am
Markk wrote:
You'll have to forgive me. I stopped reading at the bigoted portion of your post. :roll:
Thanks Jersey Girl. I strained my eyes rolling them over that comment too. Sometimes, the things that come out of right-wingers mouths make me think they're all damned brain damaged. At the very least, their ignorance is screaming at me to call it out.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:01 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:43 am

Thanks Jersey Girl. I strained my eyes rolling them over that comment too. Sometimes, the things that come out of right-wingers mouths make me think they're all damned brain damaged. At the very least, their ignorance is screaming at me to call it out.
My eyes rolled back in my head so far that I think I saw my brain. :shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!