Flirts

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
msnobody
Prophet

Flirts

Post by msnobody »

Are there women who flirt with you in front of your wife?

There are two that flirt with my hubby, in my opinion. Mandy from the credit union and Shelley from the restaurant. We went out to breakfast this morning, and Shelley poured salt on a napkin before placing a glass of ice water in front of my husband. Msnobody got no ice water, and surely no salted napkin. Hubby didn’t even notice.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Gadianton
God

Re: Flirts

Post by Gadianton »

I assume you live in LA or some other liberal hellhole with no moral values. Unfortunately these things happens all the time there. Not the kind of thing that goes in a good community with a strong Christian presence. I'd assume Shelley and Mandy have no ties to Christianity.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:45 pm
I assume you live in LA or some other liberal hellhole with no moral values. Unfortunately, these things happen all the time there. Not the kind of thing that goes in a good community with a strong Christian presence. I'd assume Shelley and Mandy have no ties to Christianity.
It sounds like they are both flibbertigibbets what with putting salt on a napkin. That would mean something to a flibbertigibbet!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Gadianton wrote:
I assume you live in LA or some other liberal hellhole with no moral values. Unfortunately these things happens all the time there. Not the kind of thing that goes in a good community with a strong Christian presence. I'd assume Shelley and Mandy have no ties to Christianity.
In the Bible belt
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Gadianton wrote:
In the Bible Belt. It’s just an observation and not anything I’m concerned about. I would think if some men asked their wives if there is anybody that flirts with them( the hubby),the wives would say yes.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:41 pm
Gadianton wrote:
I assume you live in LA or some other liberal hellhole with no moral values. Unfortunately, these things happen all the time there. Not the kind of thing that goes in a good community with a strong Christian presence. I'd assume Shelley and Mandy have no ties to Christianity.
It sounds like they are both flibbertigibbets what with putting salt on a napkin. That would mean something to a flibbertigibbet!
It keeps the napkin from sticking to the condensation on the glass.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:04 am
Moksha wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:41 pm

I must not be attractive enough to qualify for this salted napkin trick :lol:

Neat idea though.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:04 am
It also makes the napkin taste much better, according to the kids.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:32 pm
Are there women who flirt with you in front of your wife?

There are two that flirt with my hubby, in my opinion. Mandy from the credit union and Shelley from the restaurant. We went out to breakfast this morning, and Shelley poured salt on a napkin before placing a glass of ice water in front of my husband. Msnobody got no ice water, and surely no salted napkin. Hubby didn’t even notice.
I had NO idea why a waitperson would pour salt on a napkin until I read your explanation below. :shock: Okay, fine. I still think it's weird.

Anyway, I think sometimes that waitstaff fawn all over the husband because they think that the husband is the one paying for the meal and giving the tip. I base this on several decades of observation.

Wait.

Does hubs look like Johnny Depp, Brad Pit, Chris Hemsworth, or perhaps even a young Elvis or Sean Connery wearing a kilt? ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:38 am
Anyway, I think sometimes that waitstaff fawn all over the husband because they think that the husband is the one paying for the meal and giving the tip. I base this on several decades of observation.
This.

I waited tables in my early twenties and I know for a fact this is a strategy. Schmooze the payor. Of course, it's not a great strategy to alienate everyone else. I tried to schmooze everyone.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.