History of Music

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: History of Music

Post by Jersey Girl »

I saw the new Elvis movie.

NO. WORDS. :o
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Jersey Girl, is that Jersey speak for, like wow. or perhaps on the other hand, yuck?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:27 am
Jersey Girl, is that Jersey speak for, like wow. or perhaps on the other hand, yuck?
Not yuck! I'm not sure what to say about it, huck.

Imagine yourself an actor who dares to audition to portray Elvis on the big screen. Then imagine yourself an actor who dares to audition to portray Elvis and do your own singing.

Austin Butler will be nominated for an Academy Award and so will the movie.

Words fail me to describe it. When the movie started, I thought I wasn't going to get through it on account of the filming techniques and styles being used. And then...it swept me away entirely and kept me there right to the very end.

Lay your good money down on this movie. GO see it. You will not be disappointed!

I went with a family member who is much younger than me. We decided on the spot to go see it AGAIN and when it comes out on DVD or Blu Ray, I will buy it.

Just go see it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Jersey Girl, thanks for filling that in. I saw a picture of the actor and thought too thin in the face but that really says nothing at all about the quality of the movie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:52 pm
Jersey Girl, thanks for filling that in. I saw a picture of the actor and thought too thin in the face but that really says nothing at all about the quality of the movie.
I thought that too, until I saw the movie. His performance is captivating and apparently captivating enough for the Presley family to endorse the film. I now see why they did so.

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 am

Do you think the actor wins an Oscar?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:08 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:06 am

Do you think the actor wins an Oscar?
I think the actor should win an Oscar. Yes I do and I am not so easily impressed, I assure you.

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:43 am

I think the actor should win an Oscar. Yes I do and I am not so easily impressed, I assure you.
We'll have to wait to find out.

I guess no one else here watched the movie.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I'm going to go see the movie again. I think I've become obsessed with seeing it and I want to see if I can peel off the layers that I didn't notice the first time because, well, I don't often use the word spellbound but...I was spellbound.

Did you know that Elvis was heavily influenced by Captain Marvel comics?

I don't know much about CM because I always thought comics were garbage. The family member who I saw the movie with and knows about this as well as comics, has convinced me otherwise. But that's another conversation. Anyway, I looked for an illustration and...come ON! Lightning bolt and hair??? I think this one is Captain Marvel Jr. I don't know if that matters. Captain Marvel has the same lightning bolt and dark hair, but not with the forehead curl.

That's one of the things I want to find out--if it was in the movie and I missed it.

Slava Ukraini!