History of Music

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Morley
God

Re: History of Music

Post by Morley »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:45 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:08 am

Everywhere has been touched? Show me where on Barry Manilow.
Jersey Girl, I get your objection a bit at least. I have not followed Barry Manilow much. I admit there is American music which keeps well away from the blues. I thought the fellow with the bubbles might come to mind.
Ha!

Pete Fountain, Tailgate Blues, on Lawrence Welk. 1958.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=177FhhFJWtE

The Big Band sound had a solid foundation in The Blues. Something my dad would have hated to admit.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:35 pm

I think there is a time period in a person life during which they get most attached to specific music. Of course I have heard newer music which I notice is good but I have not followed it very closely.
Newer music is not as good. You grew up at the right time.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

I watched the Elvis movie yesterday. It was very good. I liked it.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:30 pm
Hey DT,

You should do more of the lifting first. Most of the question is asking for simple things including you picking out the songs. Do a little more of the lifting first.
Yes, I'm currently working on it.

So, any idea about the "main melody" for Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones? Tempo? Instruments? subgenre?

Or Jumpin' Jack Flash?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Morley wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:46 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:45 pm

Jersey Girl, I get your objection a bit at least. I have not followed Barry Manilow much. I admit there is American music which keeps well away from the blues. I thought the fellow with the bubbles might come to mind.
Ha!

Pete Fountain, Tailgate Blues, on Lawrence Welk. 1958.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=177FhhFJWtE

The Big Band sound had a solid foundation in The Blues. Something my dad would have hated to admit.
I absolutely love Big Band music! That's another style I learned to dance to. So stinking fun and well, it had swing!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:37 am
Do you happen to be a Rolling Stones fan?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:00 am
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:30 pm
Hey DT,

You should do more of the lifting first. Most of the question is asking for simple things including you picking out the songs. Do a little more of the lifting first.
Yes, I'm currently working on it.

So, any idea about the "main melody" for Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones? Tempo? Instruments? subgenre?

Or Jumpin' Jack Flash?
I can at least do the instruments for Satisfaction for you here. :)

Electric guitars
Drums
Keith is originally used a fuzz pedal or fuzz box for the main riff but he said he couldn't duplicate it in concert for some reason. The main riff for Satisfaction is often called the most recognizable riff in Rock n' Roll history. They close their concerts with Satisfaction now.

Please watch this video or I'll never post to you ever again in my life! It's one of my all time favorites. Watch it if only as a thank you for the many posts I've tried to make for you on this thread. It's not even a full minute I don't think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1bM0pp_o4

Here's the same concert venue and Satisfaction. I have a feeling he's using the fuzz pedal in this. It sounds like it to me.

The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - Hampton Live 1981 OFFICIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzqSYQ9X9U

We love Keith Richards like a hunk of cotton candy melting in our mouth.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:23 am

Perfect! It's for the 1969 concert. 11th minute.
Jersey Girl wrote:

Please watch this video or I'll never post to you ever again in my life! It's one of my all time favorites. Watch it if only as a thank you for the many posts I've tried to make for you on this thread. It's not even a full minute I don't think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1bM0pp_o4
Great music and too many balloons : )

Thank you.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:

Please watch this video or I'll never post to you ever again in my life! It's one of my all time favorites.
It's really good.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:29 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

Perfect! It's for the 1969 concert. 11th minute.
I'll check it right now. I know they had other types of percussion/rhythm instruments at Hyde Park 69. I don't know if they used them for Satisfaction.

I shall return.

Slava Ukraini!