The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: From: State of the Pandemic

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:16 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:23 pm

Candace Owens is every bit as pathologically dishonest and clueless as Trump, himself, and the fact still remains that you can't even come close to refuting the irrefutable conclusion I cited above, nor did you even try to address it.
Is that true, Gunnar? Were Floridians buying your groceries and paying your electric bill in summer 2020? Would you mind forwarding their e-mail address? I have some bills myself.
Sorry, I have no clue what their e-mail address is. You'll have to ask Hawkeye or Candace Owens. They're the ones who made that claim. :lol: :lol: Maybe Hawkeye will admit, as other MAGA types have, that he doesn't need any evidence for his claims. His "gut feeling and intuition" are all he needs. :lol:

Honestly, though, could he possibly have come up with any surer way than that to make a laughingstock of himself? :lol:
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:16 pm
Gunnar wrote:

Candace Owens is every bit as pathologically dishonest and clueless as Trump, himself, and the fact still remains that you can't even come close to refuting the irrefutable conclusion I cited above, nor did you even try to address it.
Is that true, Gunnar? Were Floridians buying your groceries and paying your electric bill in summer 2020? Would you mind forwarding their e-mail address? I have some bills myself.

What a sweet deal. Where can we sign up to have Florida buy us groceries and pay our electric bills?

They probably need to make up for all of those funds for hurricane cleanup and rebuilding that they’ve been taking advantage of for decades.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar wrote:
Candace Owens is every bit as pathologically dishonest and clueless as Trump, himself …

Just another grifter.

Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

When President Trump issued his directive suggesting that over 40% of the US Population shelter-in-place for at the very least, a month, the survival rate was much (much) lower.
What was the survival rate then? Are you still double masking Doctor Steuss? I still have perfectly young and healthy people coming in and refusing to take off their cloth mask behind the phoropter out of fear of Covid infection. Do Democrats still preach that cloth masks stop Covid infection or have they decided that everyone should have to wear a mask now lest someone catch a cold?
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:24 am
What was the survival rate then? Are you still double masking Doctor Steuss? I still have perfectly young and healthy people coming in and refusing to take off their cloth mask behind the phoropter out of fear of Covid infection. Do Democrats still preach that cloth masks stop Covid infection or have they decided that everyone should have to wear a mask now lest someone catch a cold?
And you are still not addressing the slam dunk, irrefutable fact that no government on earth handled the pandemic worse than the Trump administration.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:24 am
What was the survival rate then? Are you still double masking Doctor Steuss? I still have perfectly young and healthy people coming in and refusing to take off their cloth mask behind the phoropter out of fear of Covid infection.
Do these folks need to have the mask off in order to work with the phoropter successfully?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:05 am
Do these folks need to have the mask off in order to work with the phoropter successfully?
My ophthalmologist certainly didn't object to mask wearing during eye examinations. In fact, he insisted on it. By the way, I have had cataract surgery on both eyes now. I opted for the premium lenses, and no longer need glasses or contacts at all now, either for near or far vision. I have never seen better in my life!

And before Hawkeye steps in, yes, i did indeed get Covid anyway. I went to the local county fair with my family two days in a row and we got a bit lackadaisical about masking part of the time we were there. It was a few days afterward that we all tested positive for Covid. Luckily, we had been vaccinated, except for not yet getting our 4th dose, and had very mild cases from which we quickly recovered with the help of Paxlovid.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

If they don't mind looking through foggy lenses when saying 1 or 2. Some people can hold their breath better than others. My question is what good is the cloth mask/scarf doing to stop COVID infection anyway? How long have we known that cloth masks don't stop infection?

Did the white house contact trace everyone Biden possibly infected when he was maskless the same way the media demanded for Trump when Trump got COVID. I love the quotes calling Trump a drunk driver who crashed into multiple victims killing people by spreading COVID and nearly killed himself. That was the media's view of Trump getting COVID. With Biden who was also maskless, nothing but sympathy and well wishes, no murder charges. The only science coming from CNN is political spin.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:42 am
If they don't mind looking through foggy lenses when saying 1 or 2. Some people can hold their breath better than others. My question is what good is the cloth mask/scarf doing to stop COVID infection anyway? How long have we known that cloth masks don't stop infection?

Yet, that’s their choice. You may not agree with it, but their mask isn’t doing any harm to you.

Did the white house contact trace everyone Biden possibly infected when he was maskless the same way the media demanded for Trump when Trump got COVID. I love the quotes calling Trump a drunk driver who crashed into multiple victims killing people by spreading COVID and nearly killed himself. That was the media's view of Trump getting COVID. With Biden who was also maskless, nothing but sympathy and well wishes, no murder charges. The only science coming from CNN is political spin.

Wasn’t the issue with Trump more about the fact that he and staff knew that he had tested positive days before the debate between himself and Biden, at a time when no vaccines had been available, and yet neither he nor his staff told anyone, instead choosing to mix freely with the public?
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:28 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:42 am

Yet, that’s their choice. You may not agree with it, but their mask isn’t doing any harm to you.

Wasn’t the issue with Trump more about the fact that he and staff knew that he had tested positive days before the debate between himself and Biden, at a time when no vaccines had been available, and yet neither he nor his staff told anyone, instead choosing to mix freely with the public?
Was that the first time or the last time a president mixed freely with the public?