4 in 10 Americans cut back on groceries due to Bidenflation

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: 4 in 10 Americans cut back on groceries due to Bidenflation

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar I'm more of a political science denier. I don't believe the data currently presented in biased university studies or classes is anywhere near as close to truth as the laws of physics.

The Covid pandemic didn't ruin the economy. The response due to fear mongering and propaganda by the left and mainstream media ruined the economy. That includes countries like China who still have a zero Covid policy. You did it to take down Trump and the populist movement. Inflation and high gas prices are the hidden tax upon the people Biden promised not to raise taxes on.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:58 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:56 pm
Every time Xanax doesn’t use the quote feature on his opening post I’m going to post lizard cloacas.
So, you’re going to force the rest of us to pay for his sins?
Of course not, you’re free to close your eyes like the good libertarian you are.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:38 pm
Inflation and high gas prices are the hidden tax upon the people Biden promised not to raise taxes on.

Why did the entire Earth infect itself with COVID to rid itself of Trump? Wouldn’t something simpler - like everyone going in on an assassin - have been much easier and cheaper? After all, we’re still stuck with Trump, so the Worldwide Infection to Get Rid of Trump plan appears to not have worked.

How did Biden make the cost of gasoline go up, even in places outside of the US?

Why is Biden indiscriminately punishing everyone by making everyone all over the world pay high gas prices?

What price at the pump represents a level that is OK to you, where it just becomes capitalism doin’ it’s thang?

And have you decided what ‘regulations’ we should be rid of that will make the sudden ramp-up of inflation drop to a rate that you find acceptable?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:59 am
Amy Klobuchar is most definitely not more progressive. She would be a fine choice, but not a more progressive one.
You're probably right. She is certainly the least progressive of the suggestions I listed. I do think, though, that on some issues she is less conservative than Biden. I may have to research that some more. I still think she is probably a better choice now than Biden is, at least because of her relative youth compared to Biden and being more likely to survive a full presidential term in office. Of the choices I mentioned, she is my least favorite.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:36 am
MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:10 pm
The world is going through major reorganization with respect to energy and trade. Virtually every country is experiencing inflation. What should the United States be doing differently?
Redirect energy policy and investment into OTEC as Carter’s answer to OPEC.
If by "OTEC" you mean "Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion" I agree wholeheartedly. That is a very promising energy source that is well worth pursuing more vigorously. I have long thought that ever since I first read about it years ago, if not decades ago.

As pointed out in the link, desalinated water is or can be an economically viable side-product of producing electrical energy that way.
Energy from the sun heats the surface water of the ocean. In tropical regions, surface water can be much warmer than deep water. This temperature difference can be used to produce electricity and to desalinate ocean water.
Last edited by Gunnar on Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:39 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:16 am
ETA: As I pointed out in previous post, a prime example of conservatives' duplicity is how they mercilessly lambasted Biden for high gasoline prices and then, when those prices started coming down, they immediately turned around and tried to spin that as a criticism of Biden because the falling prices supposedly hurt the profits of independent "mom and pop" owned gas stations. They seem determined to spin even good and positive developments that occur under his administration as somehow something bad for which they can blame Biden! They just can't give him a break no matter what happens, whether bad or good!
Trump fans keeps proving what I've been saying over and over again. All they can do is lie. Facts are simple annoyances they believe they can prevaricate away. They don't know or care about reality because they're too busy warping reality to fit their own warped view.

This is what happens when a complete “F” up becomes your hero. Lying is your only option.
Yes. As Trump allegedly once admitted to a reporter in an unusual moment of candor when asked why he lied so much, "It works for me! I'm President and you're not!" It seems more and more like Republicans have wholeheartedly adopted that portion of Trump's playbook.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Gunnar I'm more of a political science denier. I don't believe the data currently presented in biased university studies or classes is anywhere near as close to truth as the laws of physics.

The Covid pandemic didn't ruin the economy. The response due to fear mongering and propaganda by the left and mainstream media ruined the economy. That includes countries like China who still have a zero Covid policy. You did it to take down Trump and the populist movement. Inflation and high gas prices are the hidden tax upon the people Biden promised not to raise taxes on.
I think "fact denier" would be more accurate. The economy is nowhere near being "ruined." The initial "lockdowns" stopped the exponential spread of the disease that likely would have caused an uncontrolled crash as the healthcare system collapsed and businesses could not operate because so many employees were too sick to work at the same time. It's just like folks in public health predicted at the beginning: before the peak of the disease, people will criticize us for doing too little; after the peak, they'll criticize us for doing too much. The success of the initial lockdowns is what gives you the luxury of claiming "overreaction."
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:

The same duplicity as always. Ajax is basically saying the economy was ruined in 2020 but it wasn't because of COVID. But it can't be because of Trump, for the same reasons he believes garments stop bullets. Most Trump supporters give Trump a pass on the ruined economy and 15% unemployment in 2020 because "nobody could have predicted COVID ruining everything." But ajax thinks he can have it both ways by merely asserting BS like his orange messiah has been doing.

So tell us hawkeye, what's the point in reelecting Trump if his recent experience as President tells us he's so weak that he'll allow "fear mongering and propaganda by the left" ruin the economy?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:10 pm
I think "fact denier" would be more accurate. The economy is nowhere near being "ruined." The initial "lockdowns" stopped the exponential spread of the disease that likely would have caused an uncontrolled crash as the healthcare system collapsed and businesses could not operate because so many employees were too sick to work at the same time. It's just like folks in public health predicted at the beginning: before the peak of the disease, people will criticize us for doing too little; after the peak, they'll criticize us for doing too much. The success of the initial lockdowns is what gives you the luxury of claiming "overreaction."
In the small minds of Brietbart sheeple, who really care nothing about factual data and science, the consequences of an unchecked pandemic don't even factor into their thinking because there is no political benefit in doing so.

If we had responded to the pandemic the way ajax preferred, there would be likely deaths of millions (plural) of Americans while that 14.8% unemployment rate becomes a permanent feature of the pandemic instead of a brief symptom. Businesses not operating online would shut down because more than wo hundred million Americans refuse to go out and risk death.

Ajax ignores all this and calls it "biased" information from universities. What really matters is what the liars at Brietfart tell him every day.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:25 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:10 pm
In the small minds of Brietbart sheeple, who really care nothing about factual data and science, the consequences of an unchecked pandemic don't even factor into their thinking because there is no political benefit in doing so.

If we had responded to the pandemic the way ajax preferred, there would be likely deaths of millions (plural) of Americans while that 14.8% unemployment rate becomes a permanent feature of the pandemic instead of a brief symptom. Businesses not operating online would shut down because more than wo hundred million Americans refuse to go out and risk death.

Ajax ignores all this and calls it "biased" information from universities. What really matters is what the liars at Brietfart tell him every day.
The official predictions that Trump relied on were something like 4,000,000 dead. That doesn't take into account tens of millions of Americans being seriously ill at the same time. Ajax is Ex. A of what it looks like to live in a world filled with "post truthers"
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.