Polio...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Polio...

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:49 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:08 pm
I doubt it's political, either.

in 2019 there was a severe measles outbreak, mostly in just 3 communities in the same county where the polio case is. If I recall correctly, more measles cases were recorded in these three towns than in the entire US the year before. Here's a pretty good summary:

the legislation Cuomo signed was to prohibit children and teenagers who were not vaccinated from being in public--schools, malls, outdoor spaces, everything. If I recall correctly, at that point the Rabbis of the communities became more strongly involved, and were instrumental in communicating good science, and encouraging vaccinations.

It was a crazy event to watch unfold, just miles from where we are. The news was quickly surpassed however by all things COVID.
Yep. Same group. This article contains a bit of the history. There was a similar outbreak with an Amish community a while back. https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/space-and-time/
wow. that was a crazy read, thank you.

"nanopatticles."

snort. That just begs for a SNL skit.